Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install my new PRP Ultimate Easy Fit Trigger Kit in my XDm 9mm. I watched the Youtube video and did notice a difference between my gun and the setup in the video. When I look at my gun I notice that I have 2 springs, one for the Sear that will be replaced with the new one and a second spring that is next to the Sear spring but hooks on the Striker Safety Lever.

In the video it doesn't show the striker safety spring being removed or replaced during the disassembly or assembly. The documentation that came with the kit doesn't say anything about removing this spring as well.

I assume I need to retain the Striker Safety Spring but wanted to make sure by taping into the knowledge available on this forum.

Thanks for the help.:?:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I am about to install my new PRP Ultimate Easy Fit Trigger Kit in my XDm 9mm. I watched the Youtube video and did notice a difference between my gun and the setup in the video. When I look at my gun I notice that I have 2 springs, one for the Sear that will be replaced with the new one and a second spring that is next to the Sear spring but hooks on the Striker Safety Lever.

In the video it doesn't show the striker safety spring being removed or replaced during the disassembly or assembly. The documentation that came with the kit doesn't say anything about removing this spring as well.

I assume I need to retain the Striker Safety Spring but wanted to make sure by taping into the knowledge available on this forum.

Thanks for the help.:?:
Well, I sent my XDm9c to PRP to have them do the work, and it only had one spring when it came back:
before:

and after:

Now, I'm no gunsmith, and I'm not sure if my order (combat/carry 4 lb trigger and all the PRP internals except for Sear) is the same order you are putting on, but just wanted to share my experience.

(ps - you will LOVE this trigger)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I believe all of the PRP videos are of XDs, not XDms. That's the difference.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I put my Ultimate match kit on and I kept the other spring that hooks on the safety lever. I took the two springs apart and replaced it with the PRP one. Reinstalled everything and took it out shooting the next day. What a difference. While my gun was apart I went ahead and polished the ejector, trigger block, trigger bar, and all the pins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts