Springfield XD Forum banner

PRP Titanium Striker Safety Kit

7K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  tuckLU7 
#1 ·
Okay, so I swapped a few things from PRP in my 9 sub compact, but the new striker safety would not fit. I don't want to force it, as I don't think it will operate as it should if I do. Has anyone else had this problem or suggestions? I submitted a request from their site, but it's the weekend, so any help here would be much appreciated.

#2 ·
#3 ·

Here ya go, it is the one I was mentioning.
Hope it helps. I hate the weekend doldrums before CS starts back up!

#5 ·
Im also having fit issuses it didnt say it needed fitted in the directions? mines a xdm9 only goes in about 1/16th of and inch or so and stops?
That's exactly the problem I have. I did watch that video before I even ordered it. I'm putting it in right, it just won't fit. I have since reassembled my gun with the stock one since it is my edc and don't have a backup as of yet.

#6 ·
I just got mine and no go. Just wont fit. Seems there might be a problem. I have the XDm 40.

#8 ·
I had the same problem with my XDm compact 3.8 .40. I called and spoke with Daniel at PRP. He said that there were alot of fitment issues with the striker safeties and that he thinks the dies at SA are to blame. I sent mine back to him for a refund.
Oh and I wouldn't try to modify the striker safety since they are titanium. It would probably just ruin it.

#9 ·
I had the same problem with my XDm compact 3.8 .40. I called and spoke with Daniel at PRP. He said that there were alot of fitment issues with the striker safeties and that he thinks the dies at SA are to blame. I sent mine back to him for a refund.
Oh and I wouldn't try to modify the striker safety since they are titanium. It would probably just ruin it.
That kinda sounds wrong to me. Blame the gun for the non factory replacement part not fitting? I guess I'll send it back for a refund.

#10 ·
I sent a message also and gave a link to this thread. I dont think a return will be a issue but I would like the upgrade instead.

#11 ·
I sent a message also and gave a link to this thread. I dont think a return will be a issue but I would like the upgrade instead.
Well, same here. I bought the kit because I wanted it, not just to give it a try. If it's as simple as a little sand paper, I'd be willing to give that a try. I just don't want to alter the part of my gun irreversibly.

#13 ·
Yikes! Im glad I sent mine into PRP for all the part installation and fitting!

#14 ·
I agree with blaming SA, but from what I could tell laying the parts together, they are the same size, I don't have the instruments to make precise measurements though. As far as sandpaper, I doubt that would work on titanium.

for a few thousands it will work. Titanium is not that tough..

#15 ·
Any one here from PRP before they closed today?

#16 ·
Call PRP before you sand the part to see if it has a coating. Call PRP and they will make it right Daniel has a great business and good business practices. Guns do have tolerances and so do his parts if your slide is tight and his part is on the plus size then you can have fit issues.

You did remove the drop safety retaining pin right? (the long pin with the groove on one end)
If you have the pin in the safety only goes in half way like you describe.

When you put everything back together make sure the grove does not go in first it sticks out of the back of the slide.

#17 ·
Call PRP before you sand the part to see if it has a coating. Call PRP and they will make it right Daniel has a great business and good business practices. Guns do have tolerances and so do his parts if your slide is tight and his part is on the plus size then you can have fit issues.

You did remove the drop safety retaining pin right? (the long pin with the groove on one end)
If you have the pin in the safety only goes in half way like you describe.

When you put everything back together make sure the grove does not go in first it sticks out of the back of the slide.
I wouldn't sand any thing before talking to PRP. I don't really think its a good idea any ways after thinking about. Yes the pin was out. It went half way when I flipped it, wouldn't go in at all the correct way. Slide is back together and working great with the other mods. I'm not a gunsmith but I'm not new to guns either. Thanks for thinking of other reasons this may be happing. Just seems odd that its more then one gun. I will call tomorrow, I need to talk to them about the Safety and I accidentally ordered two sets of springs so one needs to go back.

Thanks Again

#18 ·
I was wondering what type of slide people having problems have. Mine is the Bitone.
So do you have finished or bitone? I want to give as much info to PRP when I call them later.

Thanks

#21 ·
Can you take a picture of the hole thats in the slide, were the safety goes into. if you can take a flash light and shine it in the hole. And the safety it self does not have a burr on it?
First thing I checked. Both are as smooth as a baby's ass.

#23 ·
I wanted to update this thread to let everyone know what I did.

I went ahead and ordered another Striker Safety from online in hopes it would be a good fit. Well the answer was no. So I said screw it. Got out the mic, sandpaper and polishing tools. Sand, mic polish then test fit. Finally got it to slide in and out better then the old one. Took three last mic readings on both the old and Titanium one. One from the top, middle and bottom. Polished it to a mirror finish and slapped it in. Specs on both matched and I now have PRP SSK in my slide. I have been to the range twice with it and put close to 350 rounds into it and not a problem.

So if you cant wait and have the tool and half a day go for it.

At this point I have so many PRP parts in my XDm40 I don't know if I should call it a SA XDm 40 3.8" or
PRP XDm 40 3.8"

#25 ·
We are going to have to change some dimensions on the radius. It looks like some of the slides are slightly tighter than others.

If you are having an issue please let us know and we will refund you your money until we can get the next batch of safeties run.

Daniel Batchelor.
Daniel, I have one on order from xdguys. Is there any estimate in when the next run of reworked striker safety kits will come out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.