Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the set of 3 from PRP a few weeks ago. I tried to install one and it was too tight and i couodn't get it to go in. It's pretty straight forward but I figured a gun smith new a trick on how to install. So I decided to take it to my gun smith. He tried to put in the other two and they broke as he tried to install them. We ended up putting some factory style pin in it. Has anyone had this problem before? I don't think the gun smith or my self were installing them wrong. He said that it was because they were made of some cheap material.

Now before I get flamed, I already did a search on this a few weeks back and didn't find anything related to my problem.

Do you think I should call PRP and see what's up and why they didn't work for my gun. Or did the gubsmith or I do something wrong?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Not to second guess you, but they do go in only one way. I gave mine a couple whacks with a rubber mallet trying to poke it out the wrong side before I realized it was directional. Other than that, no problems here. I'd definitely call 'em up, they have outstanding customer service.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to second guess you, but they do go in only one way. I gave mine a couple whacks with a rubber mallet trying to poke it out the wrong side before I realized it was directional. Other than that, no problems here. I'd definitely call 'em up, they have outstanding customer service.
Well I took the slide off and then I took a punch and hammered the old one out from the bottom to top (inside to out). The old one was wore out and while I was shooting IPSC the pin came up about 75% of the way. Anyway, I put the new pin through the top of the slide. And just would budge.

I'll post pics later of what the PRP pins look like after the attempt of installing them failed...twice. Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Unfortunately, it is all too easy for someone to hang up a sign that reads "Gunsmith". Whoever you found is not only incompetent at that level, they are not even a decent parts replacer. If something does not appear to be assembling correctly, you do not just bang on a second and then thrid part. Somewhere in that process you actually need to stop and determine why there is a problem before proceeding. Call PRP direct.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$IMG_0828.jpg

$IMG_0829.jpg

Here is what both of the pins look like. I lose the 1st one i tried to install. That one didn't break but it did start to pull back a layer of the coil so I just stopped and left it alone.

I'm going to contact PRP today.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got a hold of PRP and they want to send me more pins.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Did you crimp one side down at first so it's tapered? Mines was hard to install as well but after I crimped it a little I put some CLP on it and it went in fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just instaled one of the PRP pins in my XD with no problem. First I took some emery cloth to the end I wanted to install first to break the edge and than I put some Eezox lube on it let it dry and it went right in with a few taps.

·
Vendor
776 Posts
Well I got a hold of PRP and they want to send me more pins.

If that will not work we can refund you your money. Give us a call Monday and we will get you taken care of.

Daniel.

I would also like to thank everyone that has posted. The post were respectful and helpful and that is what makes XD Talk the kind of forum that I like to sponsor. I have been to other forums that Bash the OP for stating that he/she had a problem with a sponsors product. So thank you all for keeping XD Talk a place that I will continue to support.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Daniel,

Thanks for the reply, it's good to hear that from you guys. You are one of the experts in the XDM/XD platform. I order all my upgrades from you and that's what forums are for. To help one another out. I was a noob and didn't find answers till I came here. Hats off to you and all the other supporters on the site. Thanks for making excellent products.

To the OP, if you need anything PRP will help you real quick and so will we.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I did get a reply from Daniel and it was fast. I also appreciate the respectful replies. It makes it easy for one to ask more questions when other forum members aren't bashing you when you ask for help.

Daniel, I will call y'all Monday morning. I think I'm gonna order an extended mag release.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I was under the impression that the pins themselves were also "directional", can't hammer in the wrong end. BYW, Daniel is excellent about customer service, hands down. Great products, company and service.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts