Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my spring kits today for my XDS 9 4.0 and 45 3.3, First set took about 40 minutes to do second kit took about 15 minutes(learned what was up on the first go around making it a breeze). I think these were just what these guns needed. the triggers are so much smoother and lighter to pull now, giddy to get to range tomorrow as I see better groups coming in these gun for sure. dry fired several times and can now hold on target much better now with improved triggers. A lot of folks say they think the stock triggers are fine apparently because they have not messed with one with these springs installed...AWSOME UPGRADE for these guns!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, just cleaned every thing up once it was all taken apart then rebuilt with new springs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It could be even better if all the moving parts that touch each other or anything else get polished to a bright sheen.

Especially the sear and the area on the striker it contacts.

When I say polish, I mean POLISH not take any significant metal off or alter the angles between the sear and striker in any way. All you do is get the near microscopic hills and valleys off the surfaces.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure that would not hurt a thing , I have shot this gun a lot lately and could see were there was metal to metal wear in a few spots (I think the gun wear's itself in as the round count goes up.)I did not do any thing but clean every part really well when it was all disassembled and rebuilt with the new spring kit. There was a big difference when done.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Be curious to hear your range report.

My XDs 45 3.3 already shoots great and is very accurate (I easily shoot 1.5" groups at 30 feet). I've thought about the PRP kit, but don't want to chance messing things up (have heard of light strikes being an issue).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Be curious to hear your range report.

My XDs 45 3.3 already shoots great and is very accurate (I easily shoot 1.5" groups at 30 feet). I've thought about the PRP kit, but don't want to chance messing things up (have heard of light strikes being an issue).
.......I too have heard of some light strikes also, I guess if I have many I will reinstall factory striker spring . from what I've read on this site it doesn't sound like it has been a major problem .many have come from reload rounds so that could be an issue all in it's own. 1.5 inch groups at 10 yards is some awesome shooting for sure.. seems the trigger being smoothed out could possible close that up for you. I was wanting to go shoot today to see if my groups would hopefully close up some but didn't make it there. I seemed to move gun a bit trying to pull my post recall gritty and hard trigger smoothly. new springs have taking that out so as I said( fire only dry)I can stay on target much better now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I put the PRP Ultimate in my 5.25 XDM .45 last week, took the pull from 6.8 to 4.4 lbs.

I then took it apart and polished all the contact areas and the side of the sear as well as adding the competition striker spring.

Now she averages 3.8 lbs on the Lyman gauge without the gritty feeling pre-polishing.
The break is crisp, take up minimal and the over travel non existent.

Ready to win some IDPA wood in CDP next month I hope!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I seem to move gun a bit trying to pull my post recall gritty and hard trigger smoothly. new springs have taking that out so as I said( fire only dry)I can stay on target much better now.
Hope it works for you. I bought mine new, post-recall. The trigger on mine is smooth (not gritty), but it's not "light" - haven't measured it though. I find the break pretty easy to gauge though.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your results at the range!

·
Registered
17 Posts
banger, any suggestion for putting the grip safety spring back in? I'm doing something wrong. I've looked at all the video and pix I can find but no real close shot of how the
spring contacts the grip safety. I'm having h-e-double LL with it! :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a video done by James Nicholes on this site that shows the difference between post and pre recall guns that shows a pretty nifty trick it to getting that grip safety back in. find his vids on youtube and look through them...It's about a four minute vid. hard to explain but his vid will get you there. It is abit of a juggle but after watching his vid it went smooth for me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok... got to shoot this thing today with new springs. shoot 50 rounds without one hiccup and my groups have closed up (not 1.5 inch like yep380's is getting ) more like 3 inch at 10yards. Gun had no problems.. Shooter needs more practice but I feel that will get better the more I shoot this little canon. I think the springs made a huge difference. I was shooting the 45 today, I will give the 9 a run when my ammo comes in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts