Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the older threads on this topic for hours (There's so many) and so I apologize for adding yet another one but here it goes.

I have narrowed it down to having my gunsmith install either the Springer or PRP.

* I have an XDM 40 with 4.5 barrel.
*My department policy says the trigger cannot be lighter than 4.5lbs
*I want to shorten the pull and reset so it's similar to the Glock
*Cost is not a big concern.

It's my understanding that either of these kits can put the pull around 3.5 which is too light but that I can stick with the original spring to keep it above 4.5lbs. True? 4.5 to 5.5 is fine by me but I really want a shorter pull and reset.

Opinions?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Pretty much a coin flip choice. Both get to the same end with slightly different means (parts). Parts fit, quality and customer support are equally excellent. Both offer installation service or DIY kits. I would contact each directly to be sure that the modifications are within your dept exact policy. Check for possible Leo discount.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I don't know the PRP group, so ... If I were you, I'd send the gun to Scott @ Springer, after talking to him, and explaining exactly what you want/need.

Based on everything I've read, and my interaction with him, here ... I'm confidant he'll hook you up with exactly what you desire.

·
Vendor
775 Posts
I have read the older threads on this topic for hours (There's so many) and so I apologize for adding yet another one but here it goes.

I have narrowed it down to having my gunsmith install either the Springer or PRP.

* I have an XDM 40 with 4.5 barrel.
*My department policy says the trigger cannot be lighter than 4.5lbs
*I want to shorten the pull and reset so it's similar to the Glock
*Cost is not a big concern.

It's my understanding that either of these kits can put the pull around 3.5 which is too light but that I can stick with the original spring to keep it above 4.5lbs. True? 4.5 to 5.5 is fine by me but I really want a shorter pull and reset.

Opinions?
Yes. With our kits you can use the factory springs and keep the trigger pull in the range that you are looking for. Our kits will also give you the shortest pull and reset of any kit available. Our drop in trigger kit has a slightly longer pull than our other kits but it requires no fitting.

I would recommend either our drop in kit or the ultimate easy fit kit. This is because our sear is not necessary to get the trigger pull that you are looking for.

Daniel

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Yes. With our kits you can use the factory springs and keep the trigger pull in the range that you are looking for. Our kits will also give you the shortest pull and reset of any kit available. Our drop in trigger kit has a slightly longer pull than our other kits but it requires no fitting.

I would recommend either our drop in kit or the ultimate easy fit kit. This is because our sear is not necessary to get the trigger pull that you are looking for.

Daniel
Glad you replied Daniel,
I knew I'd read that one of these designs had a shorter trigger pull, but couldn't remember which.

And I guess Thumper did state that you also do installations ... I wasn't sure about that.

OP,
Go with either, like Thumper said !!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I've shot a couple XD's with PRP triggers (I thought they were springers at the time) and they are a HUGE improvement over the factory trigger. I noticed PRP offers a drop in trigger now so that's a huge plus.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've had both and installed a couple for others. You cant go wrong either way. My XD40 seems better with a springer kit, but my SC and my tacticals both have PRP and they are awesome. I did a PRP kit for a friend who is an LEO and left the factory springs in and he loves it. Its right around 4.75 to 5 lbs.

·
Registered
667 Posts

Daniel

Daniel will do a great job, give him a try!!!:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the PRP kit in my xd45t and HIGHLY recommend it. If you buy from them get the kit with the sear included and use your stock springs. That'll give you the pull your looking for. You can remove a lot of trigger creep with the PRP sear that you can't get rid of with the stock sear. Plus it'll give you a cleaner brake. After taking up the free travel,my trigger breaks crisp&clean like a single action trigger. Also,PRP's customer service goes beyond exellent. They went WAY above and beyond to fix MY mistake.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the PRP kit in my xd45t and HIGHLY recommend it. If you buy from them get the kit with the sear included and use your stock springs. That'll give you the pull your looking for. You can remove a lot of trigger creep with the PRP sear that you can't get rid of with the stock sear. Plus it'll give you a cleaner brake. After taking up the free travel,my trigger breaks crisp&clean like a single action trigger. Also,PRP's customer service goes beyond exellent. They went WAY above and beyond to fix MY mistake.
I LOVE my PRP internals! However, Daniel told me that since I was going for a combat carry with a higher weight trigger pull versus a light competition gun, I shouldn't use the sear, as it would lighten my pull too much. I'd go with his advice earlier in the thread and not use the sear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the quick informative responses above and thanks in advance to any more that follow. This is very helpful.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't know the PRP group, so ... If I were you, I'd send the gun to Scott @ Springer, after talking to him, and explaining exactly what you want/need.

Based on everything I've read, and my interaction with him, here ... I'm confidant he'll hook you up with exactly what you desire.
I sent my XDM .40 to Scott at Springer and have nothing but good to say! Very good communication, great service and perfect product. I had the Combat Carry 3.5# put in mine as well as the Dawson Precision Fiber Optic sights. I know you said that you have to stay above this pull weight but the trigger reset and pull is WAY shorter! I do not have any experience with PRP so can not speak for them but Springer does great work!! Will not disappoint you!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I LOVE my PRP internals! However, Daniel told me that since I was going for a combat carry with a higher weight trigger pull versus a light competition gun, I shouldn't use the sear, as it would lighten my pull too much. I'd go with his advice earlier in the thread and not use the sear.
Yup. The sear will definitely put you on the low end of what your looking for. Or lower. Just checked mine. According to my digital scale mine breaks at 4lb4oz-4lb7oz everytime. I didn't realize it had lowered my pull weight that much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts