Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a drop in trigger kit from prp and i'm wondering if i should use the new striker spring or not. It's on a XD .45 Compact and its my EDC. I know there is other threads on this but i wanted some more resent experiences.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
the kit comes with two striker springs, a blue one (lightest) and a not-blue one (heaviest). I put the not-blue one in my XDm. I love the trigger, you will too.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Try it & see. I put a PRP in my xd45c, one of my CCW. I left the stock springs in. I wanted a crisper, more repeatable trigger, not lighter.

Reactions: Jeepster09

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm putting in my kit now i want to use the non blue striker spring. Does anyone know if i can use the blue trigger spring with the non blue striker spring?

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I see no reason to compromise reliability by putting in a lighter striker spring. Yes it helps the pull wt a bit, but doesn't make the trigger crisper or affect reset.

Reactions: HDHNTER

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I saw a difference of .75lbs trigger weight difference between them.
Which is not a lot in the scheme of things. Most shooters could not tell you 3/4# from 1.5#. The op can try either spring, but my guns must be 100% reliable, any ammo, any primer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which is not a lot in the scheme of things. Most shooters could not tell you 3/4# from 1.5#. The op can try either spring, but my guns must be 100% reliable, any ammo, any primer.
So you use the stock spring or the non blue on that came in the kit?

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
So you use the stock spring or the non blue on that came in the kit?
Yes, on three diff xd models. Every shooter I Know with primer ignition issues went to a lighter spring. If you can't shoot with a 4#, crisp trigger, 3.5# isn't going to make a huge diff.

Reactions: XDmax
1 - 15 of 15 Posts