Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new XD40 .40 SC what a nice feeling gun.

This is my 1st gun, and the 1st time I've never used a gun like this, I learned on a pistol.

My question: Loading the magazine is "very" hard, is this normal? Will is loosen up? My thumbs feel like they are going to fall off!

TIA,
Felix

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yep.. it's normal. Just keep the magazines filled to capacity for a week or so and the springs will loosen up. Some say that you can speed up the process by loading and unloading the magazines... It seems to make sense.. working the springs should soften them up faster.

Raymond

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Welcome to the fun man!
The spring will loosen up dont worry
Have fun with your new purchase

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. You might want to consider getting an HKS speedloader. That will give you the opportunity to shoot it a bit without wearing out your fingers keeping the mags loaded. I've found that the .40 is more difficult to load than 9mm. These loaders are about $10.00. The 941 model that fits the Beretta 92 and 96 will work for the XD mags. You can get them at your local gunshop.

HKS Speedloader

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
nyrfan said:
This is my 1st gun, and the 1st time I've never used a gun like this, I learned on a pistol.
Hmm, not meaning to nitpick, but just exactly what does that mean? The XD is a pistol. Just confused.

Like the others say, just load it up and let it sit, the springs get less stiff. Glad you like your XD. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually meant to say revolver not pistol, sorry!

And thanks to all for the heads up on the magazine.

Felix

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I thought I knew what you meant.. Mannygunner is just a nitpicker! LOL.. Actually.. I thought you meant rifle... but I am not mean like MG so I wasn't going to bring it up! LMBO...

*pokes* @ Mannygunner */pokes*

Raymond

1 - 8 of 8 Posts