Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a NROI Level I seminar coming up in March just down the road from me and a was wondering if anyone here had any input regarding the pros and cons of becoming a RO.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Go for it. You will learn a ton of info and rules application. I recommend all shooters with an interest in continuing shooting the sport attend. Plus, it will allow you to take some load off the other ROs. There is a lot of thought that goes into puting on a match, and attending the course will give you a much better understanding.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R Dub said:
You will learn a ton of info and rules application. I recommend all shooters with an interest in continuing shooting the sport attend. Plus, it will allow you to take some load off the other ROs. There is a lot of thought that goes into puting on a match, and attending the course will give you a much better understanding.
Having spent the last two days in the class (taught by Gary Stevens, who is a GREAT GUY), I have to agree 100% with your assessment.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wecome to the RO Club. There is still allot to learn and it takes time to gain confidence in your knowledge. Now you can sign up and help Jeff at the "Targeting Education" Match. Several from the forum will be there.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bobert1 said:
Now you can sign up and help Jeff at the "Targeting Education" Match. Several from the forum will be there.
I'm already on Jeff's list for Targeting Education and Cameron's list for the Michigan Sectional. As for several from the forum being there, I sense that my anonymity is going out the window :lol:

I appreciate the welcome and agree completely with there still being a lot to learn and it taking time to gain confidence.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
JD McDorce said:
R Dub said:
You will learn a ton of info and rules application. I recommend all shooters with an interest in continuing shooting the sport attend. Plus, it will allow you to take some load off the other ROs. There is a lot of thought that goes into puting on a match, and attending the course will give you a much better understanding.
Having spent the last two days in the class (taught by Gary Stevens, who is a GREAT GUY), I have to agree 100% with your assessment.
Congrats and welcome to the club. Get your test sent in and grab the timer. Lots of fun, and as you probably found out in the range scenarios, lots of things to watch for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts