Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here. Been lurking before but never posted, so here is my first post and question.

I know XDm 9mm magazines don't fit into the XD, but a 16rd XD magazine body fits into my 4.5" XDm once the baseplate is removed. The baseplate had to be removed as the magazine itself is too short. The narrower XD mag body clicked into place and the mag release mechanism worked perfectly.

Here are some pictures:

XD magazine in XDm:

in comparison, this is how an XDm magazine looks like in an XDm:

So I'm thinking if the XD magazine body were longer, it should fit, and hopefully function in the XDm.

Now I'm seeing that there are 32 round magazines from ProMag made for the XD:

Has anyone used these magazines in the XDm? The baseplate should no longer be an issue, but it may rattle a bit as the magazine is narrower than XDm magazines.

Thanks for the replies in advance...

·
Registered
616 Posts
First and foremost... Welcome to XDtalk both of you!

Are you just looking for the extra capacity? I've heard a lot of bad things about these mags, a lot of people have had problems with them not feeding properly. Never seen anyone try to put one in the XDm... I would stick with the regular XDm mags. If your looking for more capacity for the range, just buy extra mags from Springfield.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the welcom Tjt. I had the same thoughts as you. The fun factor seems there, but from the reviews all over the net that i've read....not so good on reliability, i'd get frustrated if it jammed constantly. Plus, two 16 round mags, one quick mag change = 32, and a mag change is part of the fun too, imo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well 20 rounds of ammo on tap is already plenty, that and a mag change will already give you more rounds than one bulky badly fitting mag.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I would stay far far away from anything made by Promag.
Have only heard bad things about them, for many different platforms.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I read the other thread about putting XDm mags into an XD gun, but I was inquiring about the reverse swap, using XD mags into an XDm gun. I was just jealous that Glocks have 33 round factory magazine and we don't.

I've read about the issues ProMags magazines have in AR's, but I guess their problems extend all over their mags too, huh? :(

I6diesel, are you a Cummins fan?

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Hello and welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I read the other thread about putting XDm mags into an XD gun, but I was inquiring about the reverse swap, using XD mags into an XDm gun. I was just jealous that Glocks have 33 round factory magazine and we don't.

I've read about the issues ProMags magazines have in AR's, but I guess their problems extend all over their mags too, huh? :(

I6diesel, are you a Cummins fan?
You know what that means... if your jealous, you will just have to add a Glock to the collection and buy the 33 rnd mag :cool: Nothing wrong with owning XD & Glock, just as long as the XD came first ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
While pro mags arent the greatest things in the world, the 32rd rounder WILL function in an xdm 9mm 3.8 I ran one through several times yesterday with no malfunctions, not to mention, the gun was brand new. I ran two mags through it to warm her up then it was several mag dumps right in a row. Not something I will do all the time but it is nice to have it for fun every once in awhile

1 - 11 of 11 Posts