Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jkswiss asked for more information on the holster I posted on his tactical tommy thread, and instead of PMing him, I thought I would post it here for others to see too.

The tactical thought rig holster I have is an Uncle Mike's and here is the link for teh product on their website: http://www.uncle-mikes.com/adtempla...y=3407251&subcatky1=4548815&subcatky2=9168816
I walked into my local gun shop and told them what I was looking for. They showed me one for a Sig that they had behind the counter and told me they could order one just like it but made for the XD. It took a week or two but they did get it in and I payed $48.95 before tax.
Here are pics form when I first got it.

I didn't quite like how mine came, You had to velcro it around your leg wich was slow. I also didn't like the fact that the strap didn't wrap all the way around my leg. So I bought a snap buckle at the gun shop for $2 and played aorund with the strap. The only modification I had to do was putting the buckle on, didn't have to sow anything or cut anything. It comes on and off faster and looks better in this configuration.

This holster is great for the range as my shirt doesn't interfere with it and the gun is perfectly placed.

Plus, well...
..it looks tactical tommy cool!

·
Registered
375 Posts
is that the normal location for the retention strap? it looks from the picture as if it's about ready to slide off. would it hold better if secured around the backstrap? i know, then you have the grip safety depressed, but the trigger guard is covered, so that's not an issue.

dean
cincinnati
xd40service
xd9sc

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have never had the pistol in teh holster with teh clip draw on it. So teh retention strap needs adjusting to fit up over the extra thickness of teh clip draw. good eye!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts