Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thing is a POS , after a couple of taps the edge flared out and I didn't notice, it started to push out on my spikes lower. After I saw that it was flared out I backed it out and put the original roll pin that came on my spikes in there. The spikes roll pin went in as smooth as butter. I am pretty pissed that my new lower is damaged. . Side by side of the 2 pins you can tell the magpul one is garbage but had confidence in magpul cause my moe stock and grip were great. Anyone else have problems? I used the correct punch but what it looks like happend is the edges gave out flaring out the pin at the end.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I love the guard itself but yes the hardware is 100% trash. When you use their parts to install theres a good chance you will have to touch it up with a paint pen.

I also did not expect that from magpul, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Personally I prefer the Spikes trigger guard anyways.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I didn't have an issues, but it came with the DD LPK I got. So it might have been a DD roll pin. Either way, no issues, went in easy and smooth.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I always replace the hardware that magpul supplies because they love to send flat head screws with their stuff. Miad grip an rvg both had flathead screws.

Flat heads suck so on the way home from the gun store with magpul stuff I go ahead and stop by the hardware store and grab allen heads.

-Tim

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So after having it bug me all day on Monday , I came home from work and fixed her up. The damage doesn't look bad at all after I pulled it out, I guess it looked way worse that night. Got some flat black engine paint from work and touched it up with a needle tipped paint brush. You cannot even tell it was damaged.

Lesson learned though , will always make sure I do some googling before I install.

Magpul still hasn't returned my email I sent them days ago

Here she is with my new Lucid HD red dot

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
So after having it bug me all day on Monday , I came home from work and fixed her up. The damage doesn't look bad at all after I pulled it out, I guess it looked way worse that night. Got some flat black engine paint from work and touched it up with a needle tipped paint brush. You cannot even tell it was damaged.

Lesson learned though , will always make sure I do some googling before I install.

Magpul still hasn't returned my email I sent them days ago

Here she is with my new Lucid HD red dot
Looks great, can't tell anything was wrong. Also, how do you like that red dot? I have been looking, and I think it narrowed down to that or the strikefire.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great, can't tell anything was wrong. Also, how do you like that red dot? I have been looking, and I think it narrowed down to that or the strikefire.
I spent about a week reading up reviews on it , like you It was between the Lucid and the Strikefire. The quality is top notch and I am very impressed with it. I haven't taken it to the range yet but have read nothing but great range reports on it.

The screw in 2x magni is very nice, I really like the reticle selections and options. I read that do to popularity , the price will eventually be going up and they may charge more for the model with the 2x magni.

Here is the review I read that sold it on me, I will put up a review after I take it to the range too.

Review of the Lucid HD7 Red Dot Sight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts