Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright problem is i got my permit to carry and ordered a CBST last friday.. I want to carry real bad but have no holster and dont want a cheapo. so what are my options. should i order a Galco, or desantis holster still might take a few weeks. i was thinking something like the galco high ride silouete holster. is a thumb break one good idea and does the barrel have to be covered. i have a 3.8 and 4.5 xdm would like to carry both...also Fletch high ride holster... is suede a good idea or not?? thanks please help are there anyother options i should look into..

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Before you spend money, why not call CB an see what the delivery time is? Both of mine arrived in a week. Be a shame to spend Good money on a second holster if the CB is scheduled to arrive soon.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I agree with ^^^them and plus you have waited this long what is a couple more days to do it right

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Alright problem is i got my permit to carry and ordered a CBST last friday.
This is a problem?

In all seriousness, check CrossBreed's lead time. If you need something in the mean time, check out Theis Holsters. They're very similar to the CrossBreed SuperTuck and take about a week to ten days for delivery. He mainly advertises on GlockTalk.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The problem is you didn't order in time, knowing your carry permit was coming in the mail. You should wait. Other options will probably just end up in the "Holster Drawer".

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is a problem?

In all seriousness, check CrossBreed's lead time. If you need something in the mean time, check out Theis Holsters. They're very similar to the CrossBreed SuperTuck and take about a week to ten days for delivery. He mainly advertises on GlockTalk.
He can also check out Shielded Holsters on glocktalk. I ordered one from him on a Thursday and got it in the mail on Monday.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is a problem?

He can also check out Shielded Holsters on glocktalk. I ordered one from him on a Thursday and got it in the mail on Monday.
I have one of each of these. Both got here in a week and are pretty nice. If I was ordering again I would get the Theis because the horsehide is really nice. If you want to get something different get a Remora Holster. I have one for my XD and PM40. They are the best bang for the buck at $25 plus S&H. I have pics of all of them in other threads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alright problem is i got my permit to carry and ordered a CBST last friday.. I want to carry real bad but have no holster and dont want a cheapo. so what are my options. should i order a Galco, or desantis holster still might take a few weeks. i was thinking something like the galco high ride silouete holster. is a thumb break one good idea and does the barrel have to be covered. i have a 3.8 and 4.5 xdm would like to carry both...also Fletch high ride holster... is suede a good idea or not?? thanks please help are there anyother options i should look into..
Check out White Hat Holsters -- they have a MaxTuck (very similar to Crossbreed) delivered in 7-10days and the nice thing is that you can order just the kydex portion and use the same holster for different guns.

Very good quality and Tony is a standup guy. MaxTuck

Hope this helps -- D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I got my Comp-Tac MTAC in about a week.... Super quality, Super comfortable !!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys ill look into them. anybody have thoughts on a holster with thumb break???good or bad idea.. figure a couple holsters are a good thing. thanks all

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have 1 holster that I use for CC all the time. Its a Tucker and its all leather. Seeing as how I wear it next to my skin at all times, I prefer the soft feel of the suede.

As for needing the barrel covered or not, if its concealed, it doesnt matter right? The key for most holsters is that it covers the trigger.

·
Registered
895 Posts
i have the galco king-tuk, and a cross breed, they are very similar, the galco is cheaper and youll get it in days. they both have their advantages and disadvantages, i'm happy with the hardware of the galco but it has harder leather, i may swap the hardware outta the galco and into the crossbreed to make an 'inbred' holster.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts