Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just doing some researching as I am looking into a pearce grip extension. In doing so, I came across this The Gun Zone -- Pearce Grip Advisory I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. It seems like the people here are happy with theirs, but I just thought i would ask before I made the purchase.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
I have no experiance with the +1 Pearce extension. I do have the Pearce grip extension that does not add any more rounds, and the only problem I have had is that the mag does not lock into place very easy. I have to slam the mag fairly hard to get it to lock. I am aware of it so it is a non issue now.
I have not heard of the XD adapters flying apart though (if they even make a +1 for the XD).

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
No issues and I've got them on all my Compact mags. I have not performed the drop test that the author mentioned but it would seem as though there is no more risk to it coming off as with the factory baseplate since it uses the same mechanism to secure to the mag.

The one thing that I did have to get used to is that I can't smack the mag as hard to seat it because of the angle the extension creates on the bottom of the mag. With a flat baseplate it's easy but the angle will either dig into your palm or may eventually crack it if you repeatedly only smack the tip of the extension. I have not had any issues with it cracking and it's not enough of a concern to outweigh the benefits but it was something I had to get used to.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I've got these:
http://i20.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b2/3c/78fe_1.JPG
on all my XD40SC's mags...and I love'em..
NO problems what so ever..
High quality durable polymer!!
The plastic plate I removed to install the Pearce grip extension was way flimsier than the Pearce grip extension..
I'd be interested in those +1 extensions though.. Didn't know they made'em for XD..

Guess I was right
Springfield Armory XD Series
They do not make the +1 for the XD... WTF?!?!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I've had the Pierce Grip Extensions on three magazines for the past 1.5 years. No problems and I've actually dropped my pistol once in that time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm aware that they are different products, but i was just wondering about the overall quality. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the particular extension mentioned in that article is a plus one style vs. just an extension (and it's for a glock). I think that i'll try one and do the trim mod on it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I bought 5 Pearce 45c Pinky tensions when they came out, not the plus ones but the standard size. I had a problem with them, the height of the grove not the width was too big and it would allow the extension to jump the lock pin.

I spoke to the Engineering Department at Pearce and we talked for a while he made an adjustment to the mold. I sent them back and he replaced them no charge.

I read the article and it might have been caused by the same problem.I would just go with the standard one's as they conceal a little better and if 11 45s are not enough I don"t want to have to depend on 12.

Hope that helps explains things.

Pete V

Pete V

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Nope never. I have 9 of them. 3 40, 3 9, 3 45. Pearce does not make +1 in XD. All are flawless btw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone had a rattling issue after they installed the grip extensions? I installed 2 of them on my XD9SC 10 rd Mags and both rattle a little bit but only when I have 10 rounds loaded with 9 or less its as quite as can be. I never noticed this before. When the mag is inserted into the weapon the rattle either stops or you just can't hear it so at this point I am not going to be to worried about it, on my next range trip I will check functionality of them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'll have to give it a try with my Glock 26 when I get home. So far everything has worked just fine with my mags and I can't imagine the extention popping off but we'll see.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hmmm.......took my Glock 26 with pearce grip extension out last night and dropped it a bunch but nothing happened. I'm guessing for the most part that any folks that have had problems with this may not have had the floor plate/extension seated properly.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Has anyone had a rattling issue after they installed the grip extensions? I installed 2 of them on my XD9SC 10 rd Mags and both rattle a little bit but only when I have 10 rounds loaded with 9 or less its as quite as can be. I never noticed this before. When the mag is inserted into the weapon the rattle either stops or you just can't hear it so at this point I am not going to be to worried about it, on my next range trip I will check functionality of them.
Some of my mags have a very slight rattle but they had that before the extension was installed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Some of my mags have a very slight rattle but they had that before the extension was installed.
Yeah? I didn't think the grip would cause this whats confusing me is that when 9 rounds are installed it does not rattle at all once I put the 10th in which should make it tighter it rattles! Oh well nothing to lose sleep over I guess.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
I've never had any problems with mine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Some of the very early Glock magazines were less rigid than they are today. Those magazines--which had more flex than the magazines do now--had a problem not only with Pearce +1 and +2 extensions, but with extensions made by Scherer and extensions made by Glock themselves. This is one reason that later magazines were made more rigid.

You have nothing to fear from Pearce extensions--they are a quality product.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts