Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few range sessions I've noticed this little issue with my HK P7/PSP.

Whenever I fire, the lower edge of my trigger finger gets pinched between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. This doesn't happen to me on my other pistols (Steyr M9-A1, Sig P225, Kahr K9). I've been doing some dry-firing with it tonight and I think the problem is that the trigger itself is quite short compared to the triggers on my other pistols, and during its travel is comes very close to the trigger guard.

This is making me really sad....I love my P7. It's unique, it's built like a Swiss watch, it points perfectly, and it's one of those rare guns that makes me more accurate than I usually am. But I'm tired of getting the hell pinched out of my trigger finger every time I shoot it. What finally led me to sit down and figure out what was going on is that I realized I was starting to develop a flinch because of the finger pinch.

On the one hand, it's a wonderful gun. On the other hand, it's basically just a range gun for me -- my other pistols fill my home protection and carry needs. I am having a hard time keeping a pistol that I can't really enjoy shooting anymore.

So.....I guess what I'm asking is......I need to try out a P7M8 right? Those have a larger triggerguard, don't they? :shock:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've heard about this exact scenario before. Of the 2 main parts of the "Squeeze-Cock" mechanism, your cock is too long! This creates the "pinching" sensation on your finger.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
put a piece of surgical tubing on the trigger to help keep your finger from getting trapped in the 'pinch zone'...my Dad had the same issue when i bought him one, it moves your a little forward, it will still rub the trigger guard a little, but no pinch.

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
I've got bot a P7 and a P7M8, and can't say I've experienced any pinching of my trigger finger...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts