Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Cloak Tuck 2.0 and so naturally I wanted to try some dry fire drills with it. I noticed immediately that when I go to draw my pistol, my middle finger scrapes against the kydex on the trigger guard just below the magazine release. Not only that, but the kydex is sharp at the edges, so it scraped the skin off that part of my finger. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Should I just try to sand it down?

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Kydex is just plastic. It comes in sheets, gets heated and then vacuum formed. Probably gets cut with a large mechanical blade and depending on the price of the holster, hand finishing is gonna be minimal. You can smooth it out with sandpaper, get the burrs and sharp spots levelled out.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I received mine three days ago. The kydex is a little sharp around the trigger. I suppose it could cut me if I pressed really hard but it sounds like you got a bar cut on yours.

They're really good about customer service. You could send em an email or call. Easiest is the sandpaper as previously mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts