Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HS2000 will only chamber a bullet when the slide is locked back and then the magazine is inserted.

If the magazine is inserted first and the slide is racked to chamber the bullet it jams.

What is the problem? All suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My guess is that your probably not racking the slide back far enough and maybe not letting go of it quick enough. Rack the slide back as far as it will go and just let your fingers go, don't try to guide it in place as there is not only spring force thats chambering the next round but also intertia(at least thats how I worked it out in my head).

·
Registered
34 Posts
most important of all! keep your finger away from the trigger!!! people have a tendency to try and grab the pistol grip harder and your finger may inadvertantly want to go into the trigger area when racking the slide

·
Registered
375 Posts
as has been replied, when you rack your slide back, assuming you're a right-handed shooter, your left hand, the racking hand, should rack the slide, and as you're pulling the slide back, when it gets to full back position, release and just let the left hand keep coming back until it's resting on your right shoulder. that helps to ensure you're not babying the slide back.

dn
cincinnati
xd40service
xd9sc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts