Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I decided to change my personal protection ammo. I purchased some speer gold dots. Well strange thing is I have the 13 round mag and with 13 in it I can't get the mag in the gun it goes to right before it should snap in but can't. With the slide back it goes just fine. I can take one round out and it locks in just fine. If I recall with other ammo it's fine. Wth is going on lol.

Ok edit..... If I put my reload ball ammo in that mag does the exact same. I did realize I can push the mag harder and it eventually goes and clicks. Is this ok? I have used both mags before too. Also I can cycle it by hand and it operates fine. Maybe this mag hasn't been used as much? Idk. Here are some pics of the mag ammo etc.

Ball ammo in problem mag 13 rds

Reimington golden sabers in the good mag that works fine
]

Speer gold dots in non properly working mag

And what it looks like in the handle. If you push it hard it will click and lock.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My compact 45 was the same when I got it. Over time the spring will relax ever so little, and allow it to seat fully with the slide forward. In the mean time, you won't hurt it by slamming it home with force.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Yup, full mag with a newer spring is a little hard to seat. Nothing's wrong, just leave the mag loaded (and properly stored if you have little ones in the house) for a while. I carry 13+1 or 10+1 depending on my attire while carrying concealed. My mags aren't unreasonably hard to seat anymore and function 100%.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice thanks guys. I am glad there is nothing wrong. Thanks a bunch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts