Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted this on the TLR thread but I was hoping for a response here.

I have a tlr-1 on my XD .40 and no matter how tight I put it on there, it flies off after about 5 rounds are put through. I have tried with and without the keys. I currently have the glock key on there. Do I need to use a different key or am I just screwed? I'd rather not have to buy a new duty holster to hold the gun without the light.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
pic of the light mounted on the gun please. the key is supposed to go inside the little cutout on the rail to keep it from sliding on and off. you dont want the set screw any tighter than finger tight or you could break the mounts.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ya you must be either using the wrong key or you didn't install the key correctly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
yeah see dude you arent getting the key into the rail. you have it touching the front of the rail. look on the underside of the rail theres a slit cut in it. that piece with GL on top of it needs to be inside that groove.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
wow, I never thought to do that. thanks a ton. You have no idea how happy this makes me.
Lol, glad you got it figured out.

I am stiffled why some fail to see how these mount, but am glad to help out anytime...

One question, how did it fit your duty holster before it was mounted properly?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts