Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came from the gun show in Arizona, and several different venders told me that the promag 30 round 9mm mag will also work with 40 cal. I just need to do some slight modifications, bend the lips of the mag out a little. The only down side is it will only fit 26 rounds instead of 30 rounds

Do any of you know if this is true, will the promag 9mm mag work with 40 cal?

thanks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
it should, with a little tweaking.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I use the PM XD mags for both calibers without any adjustmants, but they are actually .40 S&W mags. I think PM makes their mags to work for both calibers.

·
Registered
533 Posts
sturmruger said:
I use the PM XD mags for both calibers without any adjustmants, but they are actually .40 S&W mags. I think PM makes their mags to work for both calibers.
I dont know for sure but this is my guess.
40cal mags will work in 9mm, but a problem may happen in 9mm mags using 40 ammo the mag may hold the bullet too low and not feed properly.
I am no pro. just my guess.. I may be, and probly am, wrong... so dont take my words to the bank

·
Registered
30 Posts
After seeing this post, I ordered one for my XD 40. Just got back from a range trip with it. I was able to get 20 rounds in it (34 9mm, but I don't have a 9mm conversion barrel yet), and it fed flawlessly with no modifications.

Thanks,
James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts