Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as good as the factory mags? I picked up one for my new XD Service .40.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
So what's wrong with the ProMag's

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
The Grand Pooh-Bah said:
So what's wrong with the ProMag's
The material used, nothing more. Like the XD, they too have a lifetime warranty.

I just ordered a Super Hi Cap for testing. It is a 9mm that holds 32 rounds. After a thousand rounds or so, I can pass judgement. Personally, I have a few ProMags and they have never failed me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Old School said:
I just ordered a Super Hi Cap for testing. It is a 9mm that holds 32 rounds. After a thousand rounds or so, I can pass judgement. Personally, I have a few ProMags and they have never failed me.
Hold up....is this a 32rnd. mag for the XD??? If so, where did you get it and how much are they! I don't care if they are longer (like the super Hi-Cap mags for Glocks etc.) I just want to try one out at the range. Thanks in advance.

And to keep the thread on course, I have a couple Pro-Mag 10 rounders and found that they do the job. They don't look as good and have a slightly smaller baseplate. That's all I noticed.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
We will have them in stock soon enough. Having experienced Glock Super Hi Caps, I want to make sure this one is as good, before I offer it to my customers. It is one thing to sell some, it is another to feel good about what you sold. I pledge never to sell junk, this is no exception.

Give me a couple of weeks. If they stand up, we will offer them.

Old School

·
Registered
580 Posts
FWIW...i have a 32 rd mag from promag.

and so far i've put about 160ish rounds through it. not a single malfunction yet. i say 160ish, because it was labelled to hold 32 rounds, but i can fit 35 in mine.

but like old school and others will suggest/have suggested...hold off. you get a lot of mixed reviews on promags. i think i might just have been the lucky one.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I have found the 10 round 40 s&w magazines for $16.65 and the 11 rounders for .90 more. If they work as well as the factory mags then this would be worth it.

How about a picture of the 32 round version.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excuse if this is a stupid question, but this is for Old School. These 32 rounders, are they actual XD mags or modified Berretta mags?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have four of the Pro Mag .40 S&W magazines that I use when I am competing in USPSA matches. They have yet to fail me, I would guess I have shot over 1K rounds through all four of them. My only complaint would be they are a little harder to disassemble.

Old School put me on the waiting list. I think a 32 round mag would be awesome.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i do not. but i don't know much. i'm sure someone FAR more knowledgeable than i can tell you. or at least point you in the direction of people who would know.

good luck on that quest.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
This magazine is of the XD specifically, made by ProMag. Currently, there is nothing on the market for the XD that is any larger than the 12 rounders available by SA.

Regards,
Old School

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
When this post started a week ago and then only one response stating that the ProMag magazine was not so good, I assumed that was that.

Now that this post has come alive I have not heard anything bad about this product other than one post referring to its appearance. Unless things change and a rash of bad experiences surface it sounds like a good alternative to the factory mags.

The 32 (35) round version sounds like an interesting alternative for the 9mm folks….wish they'd offer one in the .40s&w for the rest of us to play with.

Personally Id like to see something in between the 10 round and 32 round that would be legal in USPSA events for the .40s&w

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
We have the factory 10 Round mags in stock now, with the hope of getting a couple hundred hi caps in next week.

Old School
Are you getting any High-capacity mags for the SC?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
The Grand Pooh-Bah said:
We have the factory 10 Round mags in stock now, with the hope of getting a couple hundred hi caps in next week.

Old School
Are you getting any High-capacity mags for the SC?
There are no hi cap mags for the XDSC, unless you want to use a full size mag with the new XDGear sleeves.

That said, if you have a 9mm XDSC, you can use a XDSC 40 mag and get 12 rounds in. These we have in stock now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts