Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, my wife and I got ready to go out to run errands and such. Walking out of the house, she says " I can see your gun." I had the 45 in a Sticky IWB holster about 5 o'clock. No special Hawaiian oversized shirt and my normal jeans. I told her " I dont care!" and THIS time I meant it. The way I'm thinking is, I've got my shirt pulled over it, the dang thing is concealed! I dont give a darn what other people think, let em think I'm deformed or have some medical apparatus attached to me. I'm not brandishing the thing, and besides, I jumped through all the hoops to obtain the license. The wife could see I wasn't budging so off we went.

The reason I'm bringing this here, I've had some hard/stressful times as of late and my "dont give a damn!" I feel, is starting to consume my thoughts and/or actions. I used to care if I was printing, and took measures to not be so blatant. Am I wrong for not really caring if I print or not?

BTW, no one even gave me a second glance, even a sheriff's deputy standing in line behind us at Walgreens. My wife was freaking out the whole time, though. :)

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Im the same way. I dont care if I print or not. Then again open carry is legal in my state.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yesterday, my wife and I got ready to go out to run errands and such. Walking out of the house, she says " I can see your gun." I had the 45 in a Sticky IWB holster about 5 o'clock. No special Hawaiian oversized shirt and my normal jeans. I told her " I dont care!" and THIS time I meant it. The way I'm thinking is, I've got my shirt pulled over it, the dang thing is concealed! I dont give a darn what other people think, let em think I'm deformed or have some medical apparatus attached to me. I'm not brandishing the thing, and besides, I jumped through all the hoops to obtain the license. The wife could see I wasn't budging so off we went.

The reason I'm bringing this here, I've had some hard/stressful times as of late and my "dont give a damn!" I feel, is starting to consume my thoughts and/or actions. I used to care if I was printing, and took measures to not be so blatant. Am I wrong for not really caring if I print or not?

BTW, no one even gave me a second glance, even a sheriff's deputy standing in line behind us at Walgreens. My wife was freaking out the whole time, though. :)
Being that OC is illegal in Texas I'd say be careful. That being said I OC in Michigan. I've found when I open carry a Glock 22 in an OWB holster many people don't notice. For the most part people aren't going to notice. Someone who might notice would be someone who carries as well or a cop. I'd say make sure accidental showing/printing is legal in Texas.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I was at a pool hall with a buddy who is a police officer. He was carrying his full sized Glock under his t-shirt. Every time he took a shot (as in the pool table) the grip of his Glock would stick out like a tent pole. I kept watching the crowd. No one even looked twice. Since then, I haven't worried about printing.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Yea in Texas it is considered brandishing if some is able to Id your gun and tell the cop where it is. I would be more worried about carrying a gun with your give a damn broken. It makes for poor decisions when your mind is not in the game so to speak. Be careful

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Yea in Texas it is considered brandishing if some is able to Id your gun and tell the cop where it is. I would be more worried about carrying a gun with your give a damn broken. It makes for poor decisions when your mind is not in the game so to speak. Be careful
Thought brandishing was to display in a threatening manner.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
cant blame you. i dont really even think about it anymore but if someone is gonna ask what a bump on my shirt is im just gonna lie to them and basically make them feel bad for gawking at my backside. as i understand it, oc is technically legal here but illegal if you cause a disturbance which i would assume would be every time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In Texas, it's actually Intentional Failure to Conceal that is illegal, so if the gun is exposed accidentally and you intended to keep it concealed, you're fine.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Problem is similar to OCing. If someone sees the print, they can say you brandished it, then it's he said-she said. And if they say you brandished a gun, and the police finds a concealed weapon on you... well you can imagine it's not going to look in your favor. The lessor problem (more of a nuisance) is the potential "man with a gun" police calls.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I live in a state where cc and oc are impossible, but I also know how laws are written. I find it hard to believe that if you are CCing and a glimpse of the gun comes out, or you ar "printing" that you are in violation of the law. As long as you are taking reasonable measures to conceal, I would think you were OK. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I stand corrected in Texas it can be considered brandishing if you intentionally do not conceal your firearm. The OP stated that he did not care if he printed anymore and that is intentionally displaying his firearm. He could easily be charged with brandishing if someone felt threatened by him displaying his firearm in any matter. Even if was unintentional. All I'm saying is be careful and have the right state of mind when you have a weapon at your side. We are held to a higher standard and I do not want someone who is tired of trying to conceal their firearm to cause me to loose my right to carry.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
People really need to learn what the word "brandishing" means.
++

there's no such thing as "accidental" brandishing. Brandishing is an intentional act. Like murder or burglary. There's no such crime as accidental murder or accidental burglary.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Thought brandishing was to display in a threatening manner.
HA! Brandishing is what ever the LEO says it is. You may beat it in court, but you certainly can be arrested for it. If it's supposed to be concealed, conceal it. IF you can't or won't, then prepare for the consequences. There are few free lunches.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts