Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking around, it appears primers are sold out most places.
Is that true for your area?
Golly, what's next a run on empty shells?

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Friday I picked up some powder, but they still had primers.

I'd already picked up some extras, so I'm reasonably well set. Perhaps I should be getting more.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I personally feel that the main reason local supply as well as net supplies of reloading stuff is low is because of our most recent political events, people are running scared that these supplies are going to go away or be priced so high that most will not be able to afford.
I will say I have been storing supplies for quite awhile and still don't have enough put away if it goes away completly but it most likely won't happen overnight so my advice is to put away what you can afford and hope for the best, but don't go crazy on ordering as it's only driving up prices.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Finding primers, at least what I want when I have wanted them has been difficult for close to two years. The supply of Federal Match primers that I use for highpower has been light and getting worse. I am going to try to mailorder a case this week from someone, anyone. I usually get mine from a friend who can buy from a distributor but they have been out of Federal for you guessed it, two years. They do not allow backorders so if you do not get the order in at the right time, you don't get any. There is always something around in the local stores, just not usually what I want.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called around, Sportsmans Warehouse had enough to make the trip worthwhile. Now.... now they don't. I even took the ones the clerk was putting up on the shelf from an arriving order. He said they had a big run on everything.

OUT of all the powders I use: Titegroup, Varget, H100.
1#, 8#, everything.

In a few weeks, this will all be over and stock for everything except ARs will be back to normal.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
In a few weeks, this will all be over and stock for everything except ARs will be back to normal.[/quote]

Does that mean the Rock River AR-15 DCM Service Rifle I have been thinking of selling would go quick????

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I haven't seen a real shortage around here but the price has gone up, again. Now about 26 a K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts