Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here used one? They have great reviews on ar 15.com. Also what about the vortex brand?
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I talked to a guy that had a reddot from Vortex on his custom AR, super sweet from the rave review he gave me..lol..

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Primary arms makes a decent red dot, I found the eye relief to not be very effective with a flip up magnifier, had to have it to far away to see well through it without the mag.

Now, my Lucid HD7...wow, great optic for the money, whether I run it with or without mag, the eye relief is truly infinite. Running it with a 50yd zero and am getting 1.5" groups from 20yds to 300yds all day long, doesn't matter the distance, I hit what I am shooting, and I'm sure half of the 1.5" is me the shooter

Check it out @ mylucidgear.com

But if you just want a good priced reddot and dont ever expect to run flip up mag, then you should be just fine

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a Vortex red dot right now. It's held it's zero after 500 rounds with no need for adjusting. The screw in 2x adapter that came with mine really helps a lot with 50 yard and 100 yard targets.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have a PA red dot and Im very happy with it. I dont get to shoot my AR alot so I didnt want to spend the money on a real aimopoint or eotech what would be spending the majority of its like in the closet.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I've had a PA M4 on my AR for a couple of years. No issues so far; holds zero, plenty bright, and unlimited eye relief. I liked it so much I put one on my 10/22. Marshall has the sights built to his specs and stands behind his products.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I've got a PA m4 red dot on my AR and for the money it would be pretty hard to beat. I like the fact that it runs on a triple a battery, makes it alot easier when it's time to change them.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I've got a PA m4 red dot on my AR and for the money it would be pretty hard to beat. I like the fact that it runs on a triple a battery, makes it alot easier when it's time to change them.
didnt even know it ran on a AAA...but i guess i wouldnt know because ive never had to touch my battery after almost a year's use. i say PA all the way but i cant give you both sides of the spectrum because ive never owned nor seen any vortex product. but i will tell you i lieft my PA micro outside in 20-25 degree weather, next mornin it was covered in frost, and still worked.

·
Registered
793 Posts
+1 on Vortex. Their customer service is amazing from what I have heard, thankfully haven't had to use them yet. The dot is bright in all conditions, even on the sunniest days (like the 95 degree day I sighted it in on). I have heard that the red/green version isn't as bright, fwiw.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I've multiple Vortex products, RDS and scopes.
Unbeatable Customer Service & fully transferable/unconditional lifetime guarantee.
Vortex's glass is as good or better than competitors products twice the price, I highly recommend them!

I don't own the PA, but a friend does and I've used it.
Seems solid to me, right up on par with Vortex for quality.
I don't think their glowing reviews are without good reason.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Got a PA M4 on my Bushmaster M4 Carbine, its bore sighted but, no rounds dn range yet, from looking it over it seems to be a good optic to me.... I'd love to have an EOTEC or an Aim point but I've got bigger fish to fry right now,.....

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I've had the PA M4 on my AR for two years, probably three range trips - 200 rounds all told. It has held up well. It was easy to zero, has held zero just fine (I don't generally shoot much more than 50 yds), and has the original battery in it - only turned on for range sessions. Overall, I'm happy with it. I would have no trouble recommending the Vortex site as well - Well made and sturdy, also has a NV capability the PA site does not. It is just a bit larger than the PA site, which is why I went with PA.

Good luck - really can't go wrong either way.

joe

·
Registered
269 Posts
Running a Vortex Sparc on my AR. Only had it a month, but after I got it sighted in, I then threw it in the range bag and left it in my trunk for a week (I drive 500-600mi on a given week, plenty of bumps and time for it to shift around if it were going to happen). Went back to the range, put it back on, and was still dead center.

Under $200 and a lifetime warranty? Yes please!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I run a PA micro dot on my carbine AR. It works very well IMO. I don't see the point in paying for aimpoint/EOtech anymore.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I run a PA micro dot on my carbine AR. It works very well IMO. I don't see the point in paying for aimpoint/EOtech anymore.
People are running them in a non critical environment. Most are on weekend plinker guns. If that is your end use then I would agree.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the PA's M3 clone on my Remington 887. All I can say is it works and holds zero well even with a 12gauge recoil. It was what I had on my AR before I got the Aimpoint M4

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
The Bushnell is almost identical to the Primary Arms micro. The Bushnell comes with a lifetime warranty. What about the Primary Arms?

I have Bushnells mounted on a G21 and a couple of ARs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts