Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The following ad got me interested because I could use a Mossberg. Can anyone give me an idea of what a reasonable price towards a trade would be on this shotty? Gunbroker has some that are close but not quite configured the same. I'm trying to decide what kind of trade to offer him. Thanks in advance.

WTT Mossberg 590A1 for a handgun Mossberg 590A1 12ga shotgun. Features: 20" heavy barrel, adjustable ghost ring sights, bayonet lug, synthetic stock and forearm.

Comes with 6rd side saddle, and sling. I also have 45rds of 00 buck and another 45rds of #6 shot.

I'd like to trade for a handgun. I can add cash/trade if need be. Offer away, worst I can say is no thanks.
ETA: Picture

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have seen them for as cheap as $400 for the basic setup, but usually around $450 to $500 with a few bells an whistles (night sights/ ghost ring rear sight).

You really have to see what kinda goodies its got to get a decent idea about pricing, cause those shotguns are really easy and fun to customize.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen them for as cheap as $400 for the basic setup, but usually around $450 to $500 with a few bells an whistles (night sights/ ghost ring rear sight).

You really have to see what kinda goodies its got to get a decent idea about pricing, cause those shotguns are really easy and fun to customize.
Thanks for the response. The only goodies I see that it has added from the stock 590A1 setup is the sidesaddle shell holder and the ammo listed above. The rest of it seems to be the exact setup seen here:

MOSSBERG 590 A1 SPECIAL PURPOSE SHOTGUN

for $549.23 new. I'm trying to figure out a good trade value offer for him considering it's used. I have no idea at this point how many rounds down it, how old, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Assuming this is the true M590A1, and not the cheaper, knock off that Mossberg sells. It should have heavy barrel and steel trigger guard and safety selector and the stamping "590A1" on the left hand side. Also, should have Ghost rings.

I bought mine brand new for $550 over two years ago, and have been offered that much for it used. They have been hard to get, and people are willing to pay for them.

Depends on availability these days.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Assuming this is the true M590A1, and not the cheaper, knock off that Mossberg sells. It should have heavy barrel and steel trigger guard and safety selector and the stamping "590A1" on the left hand side. Also, should have Ghost rings.

I bought mine brand new for $550 over two years ago, and have been offered that much for it used. They have been hard to get, and people are willing to pay for them.

Depends on availability these days.
This is the 20" HB version with Ghost Rings and 8+1 capacity. I see what you mean about availability in shopping around the Web for new prices. Everyone's out of stock on this particular model. :shock:

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
I could easily get what i paid retail for mine. They are listed all over, but not available. I recently had a dealer offer me $500 TRADE IN value for mine. He says he has people ask about them all the time, and he can't seem to get too many in stock.

It is one HEAVY shotgun, and is not the best for Home D, IMO, but damn it sure is cool!!!

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could easily get what i paid retail for mine. They are listed all over, but not available. I recently had a dealer offer me $500 TRADE IN value for mine. He says he has people ask about them all the time, and he can't seem to get too many in stock.

It is one HEAVY shotgun, and is not the best for Home D, IMO, but damn it sure is cool!!!
I just sent him a trade offer that stacks up (retail) to about $540.00 with the only handgun I'd be willing to trade (Bersa .380CC with 3 mags, 2 holsters and ammo). We'll see what happens and thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
You can't go wrong. They hold their retail value EXTREMELY well. Lots of people have lots of opinions, but I know this particular scenario very well. Every time i post a pic of mine, I always get a PM wanting to know if I want to sell it. i was trying to barter and trade for a gun that I wanted, at my local dealer. I threw out a list of what I had to trade. The 590A1 was not one of them. He knew that I had one at home, and said "I'll take that 590A1 off your hands", and he giggled when he said it, knowing that I did not want to get rid of it. He was serious, and threw out a nice offer, near retail, which is unheard of on a dealer trade.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
my 14" was $500 brand new but that could be because its a class three that requres a lot more work for them to sell then a regular weapon.

and even though you didnt ask for pics of mine i am going to post them since i like showing it off.

and here is a pic of my stamp (although i doubt anyone cares :p)

oh about your question i think $400 is fair for just the gun maybe a little more for the ammo with it

·
Registered
29,767 Posts
The last gun show I was at had a used 590A1 for $350. It was in pretty decent shape...I considered it, but had my eyes on something else that day.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I saw a 590 with speedfeed stock, bayonet lug, and ghost ring sights and I saw a 590A1. What is the advantage of the 590A1 over the 590? I just don't know. Any help is appreciated.

Chapie+

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw a 590 with speedfeed stock, bayonet lug, and ghost ring sights and I saw a 590A1. What is the advantage of the 590A1 over the 590? I just don't know. Any help is appreciated.

Chapie+
I believe it's in the items LMS described, a 20" Heavy Barrel and steel trigger guard and safety. Basically the two models seem to be the difference between a Military and Civilian version.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
my 14" was $500 brand new but that could be because its a class three that requres a lot more work for them to sell then a regular weapon.

and even though you didnt ask for pics of mine i am going to post them since i like showing it off.

and here is a pic of my stamp (although i doubt anyone cares :p)

oh about your question i think $400 is fair for just the gun maybe a little more for the ammo with it
Ya tease.... ;)

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts

Chapie+
The 590A1 is the Heavy Barrel, Military Spec model that passed the grueling Military trials. It is the only pump action that passed. The 590A1 is not even close to being similar to the standard 500 series Mossbergs. The standard 500 series are nice, but the 590A1 is a tank. You would have to hold one to start seeing the difference. here are a couple blurbs....

"The “A1” versions of the Mossberg® 590 have upgraded features designed to meet the Military specifications (Mil-Spec) for a combat shotgun. These upgrades include a heavy walled barrel, an alloy trigger housing and an alloy safety button. The “Mil-Spec” receivers are marked “M590A1” on the left side of the receiver."

"since 1986, the Mossberg 590A1 has been the Joint Services Combat Shotgun. The Mossberg® Factory in Texas has been filling orders from all branches of the military since then and continues to fill them to this day. Right now, United States military personnel all over the world are carrying and using Mossberg® shotguns in their theaters of operation and military security forces here at home are protecting our bases with the Mossberg 500/590 system."

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I managed to snag a used 590A1 at a gun show this summer for $385... but with the current gun panics going on you might not find a price that good...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts