Springfield XD Forum banner

prices for XDM?

9K views 46 replies 35 participants last post by  Wetworx 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyone paid for theirs, specifically the bitone. I want to get a bitone in .40 and everything is always more in MD, so I am trying to see if going with an online dealer such as Bud's+ transfer fee + stupid MD fees would actually save me any money. If the difference is say 20.00, I would find it easier to just have the local dealer sell it to me outright.

And yes having an average across the board price to dicker with the local dealer might help too if I say " but everyone else even in CA and NY and NJ got theirs cheaper wahhh wahhh can you take 30.00 off?" LOL

One more thing- what is an XD40 4" all black with about 1000 rds through it and comes with 3 mags and don hume holster worth? I am going to sell it to help pay for the XDM ( I have a private buyer lined up). I was thinking 450.00, but the poor guy has to pay a transfer and state police fee totally 55.00 too.

#2 ·
I Purchased the all black XDm at a gunshow here in VA, and paid $590 out the door, with taxes / process etc. I think it was listed at 565 or 560 or somewhere along those lines.

At the local gunshops the all blacks are going for around 625 and the Bi-Tones around 675 - 725

I wanted the bi-tone until I saw them both, personally think it looks way better in all black. But you can't go wrong no matter what! Good luck.

-Nate

#4 ·
I just paid $650 including tax (7%) for a BiTone XD(M)40 last week here in central Florida.

#8 ·
Wow! Now i feel F@*# I paid $669 + 7% tax = $715.83 but everything in Puerto Rico its expensive so Im use to it.

#10 ·
My closest FFL that does transfers charges 45.00 and tacked to that is 10.00 for the state police, then we have to have this interbore lock which costs 20-30.00. This state is just plain rediculous. And if I were to go to an ffl with a cheaper transfer fee, I'd pay the difference in gas!

I guess MD is like PR! $$$$

#20 ·
i'm a new gun owner, my first firearm, i am proud to say is an xdm =D

i bought mine yesterday at carter's country for 650 out the door black on black in houston.

i know i could have saved around 50 by waiting for the gun show, but i don't think i can ever make it out due to my working on weekends.

i was at academy and i asked them when they would ever get the XDM. the clerk didn't know but he looked into his system and saw "an XD in .40 cal priced at 579.99 that no store has yet" so i'm assuming its going to be the XDM because they had the XD-40 on display and it was 525.

#21 ·
Care to say why? what's your problem's with the XDm?
i dont like it, plain and simple.

ive played with them at the gun shop....i dont see anything special about them compared to the original XD. i think the design is ugly (unless you like walther's), and they feel identical to an HS2k/XD.

to be fair, i do like the mag capacity...so thats a pro. (the XDm mag's dont work in an XD)

its just my opinion, i gave the XDm a chance, and i decided it isnt for me.

#24 ·
Hi All,

I've been looking at the XD for about 2 years. The only other pistols on my list were a Kimber 1911 and a H&K USP (.40). I'm a novice, but I shoot better with the 1911 (and it feels better to me) than any other pistol, I'm just not passionate about it and I don't want my first (and possibly only) handgun to hold 7 rounds.

The USP feels absolutely solid and silky smooth so it was a really tough call. The prices and "passive" safety features of the XD really swayed me as did the grip. I can't reach the slide release comfortably on the USP. I also tend to shoot better with the XD.

So I went to my first gunshow in MD this weekend with the intent on buying a service model .40 XD. I got my hand on the XD(m) and fell in love. I can't explain it really, the slide had that silky solid feel of the HK, it's chambered in the .40 (which is what I wanted) and it holds 16 rounds. Wow!

All vendors were selling it for $679-$699 in black, which is what the local shops ask. After reading this thread I'm a bit shocked that it can be had for MUCH less. I found a local vendor at the show and talked him down to $629 but had to pay tax. I don't feel "ripped off", but damn you guys got a good deal and I thought I got a STEAL! Apparently these things are just more expensive in MD.

Sorry for the long post. My first gun, first post on the forum. Wanted to say "Hi" and relate my story. I pick it up on the 15th since there is a 7-8 day waiting period in MD. Oh yeah and I had to buy a mandatory $20 MD gun lock, no vendor in MD can sell the gun without also selling the lock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.