Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Care to say why? what's your problem's with the XDm?
i dont like it, plain and simple.

ive played with them at the gun shop....i dont see anything special about them compared to the original XD. i think the design is ugly (unless you like walther's), and they feel identical to an HS2k/XD.

to be fair, i do like the mag capacity...so thats a pro. (the XDm mag's dont work in an XD)

its just my opinion, i gave the XDm a chance, and i decided it isnt for me.

I just ogt back from the Orlando gun show and couldn't find any great deals. The cheapest I found was the all black for $565+transfer, and the bi-tone for $650. I stopped a local pawn shop that I frequent and picked up an all black for $540 out the door.:razz:

Hi All,

I've been looking at the XD for about 2 years. The only other pistols on my list were a Kimber 1911 and a H&K USP (.40). I'm a novice, but I shoot better with the 1911 (and it feels better to me) than any other pistol, I'm just not passionate about it and I don't want my first (and possibly only) handgun to hold 7 rounds.

The USP feels absolutely solid and silky smooth so it was a really tough call. The prices and "passive" safety features of the XD really swayed me as did the grip. I can't reach the slide release comfortably on the USP. I also tend to shoot better with the XD.

So I went to my first gunshow in MD this weekend with the intent on buying a service model .40 XD. I got my hand on the XD(m) and fell in love. I can't explain it really, the slide had that silky solid feel of the HK, it's chambered in the .40 (which is what I wanted) and it holds 16 rounds. Wow!

All vendors were selling it for $679-$699 in black, which is what the local shops ask. After reading this thread I'm a bit shocked that it can be had for MUCH less. I found a local vendor at the show and talked him down to $629 but had to pay tax. I don't feel "ripped off", but damn you guys got a good deal and I thought I got a STEAL! Apparently these things are just more expensive in MD.

Sorry for the long post. My first gun, first post on the forum. Wanted to say "Hi" and relate my story. I pick it up on the 15th since there is a 7-8 day waiting period in MD. Oh yeah and I had to buy a mandatory $20 MD gun lock, no vendor in MD can sell the gun without also selling the lock.

I just picked one up on my military base today for 603 out the door. No extra money for taxes or transfers is pretty sweet. The gun shop out in town had the same gun for 629 plus tax, plus transfer fee. I guess I got the best deal around without getting lucky and buying a used one from someone or a pawn shop.

I just bought mine today for a hair over $600 out the door. That also included a cleaning kit and an extra wire cleaning brush. Got mine at Shooters in Jacksonville. Same place Dustin D got his, except I actually live in Jax so I went in person. They currently have it listed on their webpage for $550.

Can't wait until next Wednesday when I can pick it up (this is my first handgun). Have heard and read nothing but good things about these!

I just bought mine today for a hair over $600 out the door. That also included a cleaning kit and an extra wire cleaning brush. Got mine at Shooters in Jacksonville. Same place Dustin D got his, except I actually live in Jax so I went in person. They currently have it listed on their webpage for $550.

Can't wait until next Wednesday when I can pick it up (this is my first handgun). Have heard and read nothing but good things about these!
Me too my friend, this is my first one and it seems like an all around great pistol. For my first handgun I wanted something that was extremely versatile should "sh!t go down". As in, if I could only have ONE handgun which would it be? And this won out. I wanted something small enough to conceal carry, but you can't do that in MD (or much else) and for self defense it doesn't really matter. The more rounds the better and I believe the .40 is the best self defense caliber. And I also think the XD/XDm is one of the best pistols on the market for it's durability, SAFETY, and accuracy.

I looked into Glocks and the H&K USP but the XD won out. My next one will be a sub compact for concealed carry, should I ever need it.

I'm just pissed that I paid so much for this thing ($629 for all black +tax) when everyone else in the country seems to get them for $75 cheaper. But that's MD for you. I haven't seen the black ones around here ANYWHERE for under $649. Usually they're $679!!!

I was looking at the USP and various Glocks as well. Only downside to the XDM is the size, not the easiest to carry concealed. But I agree with everything you said. Priced way better than the USP too. Sounds like you aren't getting too horrible of a deal, it all depends on the market. I got lucky, the gun shop had a Glock representative in town this week, so I think they dropped the prices of the XDM to compete with it. They had the XD9 and XD40 for $439 and the XDM (black) was listed at $539.

560$ +6.5% sales tax for my OD/black (Minnesota)
Other prices at the same shop

575$ Black/Black XDM
620$ For either Black or OD Bi-tone (couldn't get the OD bi-tone for me)
450$ For SC/C/Service XD in 9mm/.40/.45
475$ For tactical XD
50$ more for Bi-tone on any XD
Not bad for a small town shop!

I was at the West Palm Show last weekend and picked up a Black/Black XDm 40 for $590 including tax and background check. That was a cash deal and I have a CWP so I took it with me.

The dealer had the Black on the table for $589 and the Bitone for $629. A couple of others (6-7) at the show were in the same ballpark - up to $30 more than this.

Local retailers list them at $650 and $729 respectively and the 3 shops that I visited were unwilling to deal at all.

The best I could do on GunBroker with shipping and local FFL transfer was $590 for the Black and $640 for Bitone.

The gun show was definitely the best deal since I could walk out with it and they matched the best deal I could have got on-line.

Well I'm glad I read this cuz my local shop is selling the XDM 40 Bi-tone for $800+ and was wondering if this was to much now I know. Thanks guy's

I paid $589.00 out the door cash price for my Black XD-M. .40
That was when they 1st came out. In fact, I have one of the 1st 5000 shipped from Springfield. Does not have "Match" on the barrel. Does have MB as 1st part of serial # and a Certificate that says it's a Match Grade Barrel.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.