Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone paid for theirs, specifically the bitone. I want to get a bitone in .40 and everything is always more in MD, so I am trying to see if going with an online dealer such as Bud's+ transfer fee + stupid MD fees would actually save me any money. If the difference is say 20.00, I would find it easier to just have the local dealer sell it to me outright.

And yes having an average across the board price to dicker with the local dealer might help too if I say " but everyone else even in CA and NY and NJ got theirs cheaper wahhh wahhh can you take 30.00 off?" LOL

One more thing- what is an XD40 4" all black with about 1000 rds through it and comes with 3 mags and don hume holster worth? I am going to sell it to help pay for the XDM ( I have a private buyer lined up). I was thinking 450.00, but the poor guy has to pay a transfer and state police fee totally 55.00 too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I Purchased the all black XDm at a gunshow here in VA, and paid $590 out the door, with taxes / process etc. I think it was listed at 565 or 560 or somewhere along those lines.

At the local gunshops the all blacks are going for around 625 and the Bi-Tones around 675 - 725

I wanted the bi-tone until I saw them both, personally think it looks way better in all black. But you can't go wrong no matter what! Good luck.

-Nate

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gunbroker xdm's black on black $505, bi-tone $569. I paid $599 for my od green and black xdm two weeks ago from Gunbroker, $20 to ship, $20 for FFL transfer.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I just paid $650 including tax (7%) for a BiTone XD(M)40 last week here in central Florida.

·
Registered
23 Posts
got mine from gilbertsguns.com online. I found a thread somewhere, where they were doing a group buy on the Bi-Tones. I want to say i paid 569+20 shipping+25FFL Transfer Fee. So 615ish total.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow! Now i feel [email protected]*# I paid $669 + 7% tax = $715.83 but everything in Puerto Rico its expensive so Im use to it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My closest FFL that does transfers charges 45.00 and tacked to that is 10.00 for the state police, then we have to have this interbore lock which costs 20-30.00. This state is just plain rediculous. And if I were to go to an ffl with a cheaper transfer fee, I'd pay the difference in gas!

I guess MD is like PR! $$$$

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW... I really feel screwed now. I bought my XDm bi-tone last week at a gun store/range here in Houston and paid $790 with taxes...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ouch, yeah, a little steep unless your taxes are crazy. FWIW, dealers within 30 minutes of me are as much as $100 apart on these. The cheaper ones are going for $600 OTD (trade price) for all black, cheaper if you wait for an order.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bi-Tone - $585.00 :shock: - JaxShooters in Florida - Online

I think he messed something up with the price b/c his Black one was the same :p

Eitherway, I paid for it, and got it 3 days later.

Put about 500 rounds thru it so far.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
i wouldnt buy an XDm, but they are $760+tax at my local bass pro shop.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i wouldnt buy an XDm, but they are $760+tax at my local bass pro shop.
Care to say why? what's your problem's with the XDm?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'm a new gun owner, my first firearm, i am proud to say is an xdm =D

i bought mine yesterday at carter's country for 650 out the door black on black in houston.

i know i could have saved around 50 by waiting for the gun show, but i don't think i can ever make it out due to my working on weekends.

i was at academy and i asked them when they would ever get the XDM. the clerk didn't know but he looked into his system and saw "an XD in .40 cal priced at 579.99 that no store has yet" so i'm assuming its going to be the XDM because they had the XD-40 on display and it was 525.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts