Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the average price for this perticular gun? was thinking about getting one myself. SOunds like it would make a nice home defense gun. :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way I got on the Sa website and the MSRPS were 514 for black, od green, 542 bitone on 4" model 542 on 5" black od green 571 bitone. I was wanting to know what you all were gettinh them for.
Thanks, 7.62

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xd4real said:
you could probably get one for around 450 here. A shotgun would be better for home defense tho.
i already have a shotgun but my wife does not like shooting that. So I am thinking about getting her a pistol to keep around the house.

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Two stores here in NC have the 45 GAP gun and promotional package (holster and bullets) for $425."

I bought that for $ 550 some here. wow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
J+R Pawn Shop, 919-688-4361 in Durham, NC

I haven't called to make sure they have it in stock but they have it advertised through Davidson's Gallery of Guns for $425.99. Davidson's is showing 72 in stock. Give them a call...

·
Registered
13 Posts
7.62NATO said:
xd4real said:
you could probably get one for around 450 here. A shotgun would be better for home defense tho.
i already have a shotgun but my wife does not like shooting that. So I am thinking about getting her a pistol to keep around the house.
Then get her something with a little less muzzle flip. I recomend renting one for her to shoot before going with that one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
xd4real said:
7.62NATO said:
xd4real said:
Then get her something with a little less muzzle flip. I recomend renting one for her to shoot before going with that one.
She can shoot my .40 but not very accurate with it. Thats why I was looking to get her one of these but no one around here has one to shoot. Plus right now I am just price comparing my options.

·
Registered
13 Posts
7.62NATO said:
xd4real said:
7.62NATO said:
xd4real said:
She can shoot my .40 but not very accurate with it. Thats why I was looking to get her one of these but no one around here has one to shoot. Plus right now I am just price comparing my options.
O sorry, didn't know you had a 40. How do you like it? What weight ammo do you shoot?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O sorry, didn't know you had a 40. How do you like it? What weight ammo do you shoot?[/quote]
thats fine, i shoot a 135gr hydra shock jhp. I Really like it alot. it's my 2nd favorite pistol to shoot, sad to say its not an xd though, beretta 96.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks to all for your replies. They have helped me out and I think that once I find a place around home that has one on hand to shoot me and the old lady will go try one out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
xd4real,
it does not flip as bad as you would think due to the weight of the gun. All in all I would say that it takes me 8-10 secs to shoot and put back on target before letting loose with another round. Have you ever held a 96 b4? If not I recomend you do to see how heavy they r compared to ohters like it. I paid 560 and some change for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
8-10 seconds to get your next shot off? why so long? If it takes that long to get sights back on target, I would check your stance, and your grip.
My wife who shoots 2 to 3 times a year can get 4 to 6 rounds off in the A zone in 8 -10 seconds. that is with a timer, at 10 yards.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A .223 carbine, if you want an effective HD gun for your old lady? The Kel-Tecs in particular are cheaper and easier to operate than AR-15s

Of course, a pistol is handier than either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts