Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a 9mm Tactical this weekend. I live in Dayton and so far I found one out at Vandalia Range and Armory for $509. Is this a decent price? Anyone have suggestions of other places in my area to check out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What should I expect to pay for a 9mm service model ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I just don't want to get ripped off.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Just paid $450+tax near Cinci for 9mm service...best price I could find even Bass Pro was about $100 more

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just paid $450+tax near Cinci for 9mm service...best price I could find even Bass Pro was about $100 more

What shop was it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I paid $530 here, and that was the cheapest of the three places to buy. After I made the purchase, I joined the Shoal River Gun Range and now I can get deals from Gun Broker and them shipped to there for $15 transfer fee. jp:confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try shooters supply shop
362 loveland-madeira rd
loveland ohio 45140
phone (513)-683-2911
no, i do not work there.
bought several guns from them, at the gun show.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a XD-9 4" LNIB with four high cap mags, all the XD gear and a comp-tac kydex C-T.A.C. IWB Holster. I'll take $425. If interested I can send pics.

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been gone for a few years but if In the Ten Range is still open in Xenia you might give them a call. I used to go in there all the time before I moved to NC.

937-374-0649
130 S Detroit St,
Xenia, OH 45385

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
$509 isn't too bad for a Tactical if that is the out the door price. If you are talking about another 7% tax, etc., then you are actually looking at closer to $550.

There are several 9mm Tacticals on GunBroker right now at a shop in Coshocton, OH. If memory serves, that is around 2 hours from Dayton. They have them as a buy-it-now for $415 which is a steal. Even if you pay the $25 to ship it and OH sales tax, you still get the pistol for around $470, plus whatever your local guy will charge you for the transfer ($25?). If it were me, I'd take your dealer the GunBroker ad with a buy-it-now for almost $100 bucks less than his asking price and tell him that you'll take the gun from him, but for $500 out-the-door. Trust me...he is still making money from his cost to get the pistol in-stock. He gets to sell the pistol, make some money and you get it in-hand without the trouble of paying, shipping, waiting, etc. for a "convenience" charge of less than fifteen bucks out of your pocket!

If your dealer won't go for it...particularly if you don't do much business with him...walk out the door, buy the pistol from the Coshocton dealer, get it delivered and save yourself $75 or $100 over what your dealer currently wants.

9401 Springfield XD 9 MM Tactical 5" Barrel 9MM : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts