Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good selling price of an XD-40 Service model? I want to sell mine to get a new XD-9 Service. I have had 200rds through it with no problem and have the box .Looks like mint . I'm goinhg to a gun show next month.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i paid $465 for it . I was thinking of selling it for $465 with a DeSantis Leather 2 position holster . Whats ya think?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Tercel89 said:
i paid $465 for it . I was thinking of selling it for $465 with a DeSantis Leather 2 position holster . Whats ya think?
Good luck... Doubt you will be able to get much over $400 for it with or without the holster.

I just sold mine with less then 500 rds down the pipe. It had Don's Guide Rod and both 22# and 24# Wolff springs along with 4 ten round mags. I got $375 for it.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man , what the heck is this? Its a good gun , do they just hate the brand or what? Maybe it isnt so "popular" yet. I want to goto 9mm so it will be cheaper to shoot .

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Tercel89 said:
man , what the heck is this? Its a good gun , do they just hate the brand or what? Maybe it isnt so "popular" yet. I want to goto 9mm so it will be cheaper to shoot .
So just spend the 150 bucks on an conversion barrel
Look http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=02PA&cat=8&PHPSESSID=2b1dad99409060ab243a6447e05e9644
Why buy a used gun within 50 or so bucks off what new is.Would you pay the same for a car from private owner with 50 miles on as new at the dealer

Or you could buy a reloader 8) And shoot 100 times as much :shock:

·
Registered
18 Posts
You ever thought about getting the 9mm conversion barrel. Then you could have the best of both worlds. For $150.00 I think it would be alot better than not getting what you want $ wise. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what about the extractor ? Will it still funtion properly? And the ejector?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no offense but it looks like i can get alot better resale value on my Glocks than this gun according to what most say ! It is a good gun and doesnt jam a bit , so is it that most people hasnt had much exposure to the HS/XD ?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Conversion BBL on the XD 40 service is ok for range work but not intended for carry. You would encounter the same with a glock, IMO, it is hard to get what a gun is worth new when you have fired it or even never fired it at all. Just like a car, the minute you drive it off the lot, expect to take a hit. I'd get the 357sig bbl for the XD or just buy a new 9mm for a couple hundred bucks more and not have to switch.

·
Registered
143 Posts
No offense but the problem is you paid too much in my opinion. It is still easy to find an XD at $429 or less so why would I pay $465 for a used gun and a holster that I may not need/want and is worth about $50.

The XD holding its value is relative to what you paid for it. I bought mine in the same condition as yours, minus the holster, for $339 over a year ago. I am willing to bet I could sell it for more than that now so it has held its value extremely well for me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
People KNOW Glock and therefore people USE Glock. It's been around longer and has a great reputation so people feel comfortable. The general mindset is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" and therefore continue to horde Glock upon Glock.

Others are just biased towards one type of tactical tupperware and therefore don't bother trying this "XD fad."

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think its a brand thing, as much as it is people seeing a used gun. I have owned three different XD's now and lost about $50 on each one when I sold them. I think it's just the way it is. No dealers around here will pay more than about $300 for one even it looks new since they can have one new in the box for around $380 and sell it as new.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the one i got is a good gun but i just think i sell it and get the 9mm instead of the conversion thing. Theres a Bob Pope gun show coming up next month in Nashville and i'll see what i can get for it from an individual .
I'll kepp you posted and thanks for the replies and info .

·
Registered
157 Posts
i know if i see a used gun for sale....if i can spend $50 more for a new one then thats what i will do...used is used.....

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't think it matters what brand gun it is (unless it is somekind of limited production run, custom shop ,engraved, special edition peice) and then sometimes that doesn't even matter. The used glocks I have seen in my area are priced far below original prices as well. As soon as you leave the gun shop you have probably lost some value, if you shoot it even just once lose even more value. If you buy a $400-$450 pistol and use it at all, don't expect to ever get your money back out of it, unless you find a sucker somewhere. This is especially true for taurus pistols. i bought a PT-111 millenium pro in the spring of '04 for $370 and have only shot 100 rounds thru it and you can't tell that unless you field strip it, and now I can't sell it because it isn't worth anything close to what I would accept for it let alone what I spent on it. You can buy it new now for $300 or under if you shop around. I had a guy at the gun show offer me $100 for it. So I will keep it in the safe until I can find a trade that works or the value of the pistol increases. :wink: I will probably have it for a long time. :lol: Anyone know why Taurus prices went into the basement over the past year?? Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
MY XD-9 was bought used. Once I had the extractor tuned it has worked fine and outshot many a glock. Next to a CZ-75 it is my favorite gun. BTW, the CZ was a used gun too, works great. Nothing wrong with a used gun if you inspect it carefully for defects, damage and whetehr it was properly cared for. If it saves me $50, that is $50 more I can spend on ammo and practice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tercel89 said:
the one i got is a good gun but i just think i sell it and get the 9mm instead of the conversion thing. Theres a Bob Pope gun show coming up next month in Nashville and i'll see what i can get for it from an individual .
Two points...

1) Too bad you don't like the conversion idea. You have a pistol that you like to shoot and is mechanically sound...two things not guarenteed in any firearm, yet you want to lose money on a trade in to get an untested one. 150 for a barrel sounds like a better choice. Just dollars and cents = trade in value to dealer for current pistol;$325. NIB XD-9;$455. Tax on new xd-9; Approx $35. Total spent on new xd-9...$165.

2) Selling to individual will help your chances of a slimmer loss, but they will have been seeing the other NIB guns for a little more as well. Tough sell if you want my opinion.

Wish you luck. Remember...it's not that the gun loses value right out of the box, it's that the dealer you are trading it to cannot make money if he buys it at the same cost he will sell it for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
USMC-PRIDE said:
As soon as you leave the gun shop you have probably lost some value...this is especially true for taurus pistols. i bought a PT-111 millenium pro in the spring of '04 for $370 and have only shot 100 rounds thru it ... I had a guy at the gun show offer me $100 for it. Anyone know why Taurus prices went into the basement over the past year?? Just my .02 worth.
The Millenium has suffered from poor workmanship and poor performance in the first gen. The "pro" is just suffering from a client list that is still worried they'll get a 'crack-o-matic' like the first version was. The "pro" is better but it's hard to get people back after they've made up their minds. Prices reflect the desperate action of a company to break even and move on w/ the year...ie, the 24/7.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts