Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm set on a XD Service Model 4" with external safety but haven't been able to find a price on it. Does anyone know about how much it cost here in Kansas? And also what other items I should buy with it besides a spare mag? Any info would be helpful. Thanks all

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I believe the only external safety meaning a thumb safety is only offered in the .45 caliber. Budsgunshop has great prices. The Xd already has great safeties that I see no need for a thumb safety.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I haven't seen an XD9 with a thumb safety. Do you really need a pistol that has one?

I wouldn't waste my money for accessories just yet... My XD9 service came with the basic essentials... 2 magazines and a magazine loader. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the pistol and get proficient with it until you improve your accuracy. You can always get the upgrades later on (sights, trigger job).

Good luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Accessories: an Uplula mag loader and lots of ammo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The XD45 with thumb safety pictured in the Buds Gun link comes with two magazines, magazine loader, and holster. I have an XD9, and I bought an extra magazine. I'm not sure you need the Uplula, the magazine loader that came with my XD9 works fine for me. I did buy another magazine, because I need it at least three magazines for action pistol matches at the local club. If I were more into competing, I would need more magazines. All depends upon what you what to do with your XD45.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts