Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Parrishco said:
Yes - i paid 500 for XD40 SC with 2 clips and one exdended mag and a XD gear holster.
Is there a difference between the clips and the mag? Other than the capacity? If not, why is the terminology different?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
there is a difference in terminology because they are 2 different things.

most people mistake a magazine for a clip, or rather the word clip is used as slang for a magazine... but they are 2 completely different objects.

·
Registered
17 Posts
therooster said:
there is a difference in terminology because they are 2 different things.

most people mistake a magazine for a clip, or rather the word clip is used as slang for a magazine... but they are 2 completely different objects.
What's the difference then? Mine came with two magazines, both 10 round.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
021411 said:
Hey therooster,

I'm in Houston also. Carter's is the place having the sale..

if your in houston, you need to get intouch with XD_Dan. he can tell you how to get a killer deal on an XD.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just paid $499+tax for a XD-40 service model with 3 hi-cap mags, the POS holster AND the XML light....I was going to pass on the deal until I saw the light comes with it. But around here, $450 is a good price on an XD unless you're at a gun show.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Snotrules said:
the POS holster
I was under the impression the holster wasnt too bad. Sure its not as high quality as others out there but in the review I read (I think it was ajames site) he compared it to a Fobus and didnt have much in the way of negative feedback about it...

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
My bad in my terminology. I have two 9 rd. magazines and one 12 rd (i think) for my SC. I should have said it correctly as I have an SKS that uses clips. The holster that comes with the gun is ok - similar to the fobus - but mine is not a paddle but is made for an 1.5 inch or so belt. I suppose if you use a good tight thick belt it would work - but for my regualr non-$75 belts it pretty much sucks for practical use. I went and got an Uncle Mikes paddle kydex holster and love it.

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
I paid $419 + tax cash for my 9mm XD Service with 3 16 round mags and the holster from a local dealer.

A clip is something you slip under your fingernail when you slip and pull the nail away from the rest of your finger, a magazine is something that makes your thumb hurt all over after you load about 200 rounds at the range.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts