Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for an XD40 SC. I've been looking.... and looking.... and looking.... nobody has one in stock. Everyone has them "on order". Couple of places had XD9 SC's. Prices ranged anywhere in my area (San Antonio TX) from 519 to 549... but nobody had them in stock.

One place that didn't have any in stock, but was "expecting a shipment" wouldn't quote me a price. They said that "Springfield just raised their prices, so they have to see what the new price will be". I think they are full of it, but I may be wrong.

Today, I find a place (Texas guns) that has "two". The woman on the phone informed me that she had "one of each - black and green". Price on the black one (new) - $600. Price on the green one (used) - $549! :x

So I tell her, "You are $50 to $80 more expensive than any other local dealer on the new pistol, and your used pistol is the same price as most new ones". She replies "Yep... supply and demand... but it's worth it". Then she proceeds to tell me that "All our guns come with a lifetime warranty and free range time". I started to tell her that the gun already came with a warranty and that I wasn't interested in range time, but she was pretty adamant about the price.

I was just about ready to bite the bullet and pay the extra for it before she threw out that "supply and demand" statement. That irritated the crap out of me.

One of the nice dealerships in my area (Powderhorn), does not have them in stock. They have some on order, but there is no telling how long it will be before they get some in. I would have bought one in a heartbeat if Powderhorn had them in stock.

Should I just be patient and wait on Powderhorn, which I love dealing with, or should I just swallow my pride, keep my mouth shut and open my wallet a little deeper to Texas guns?

If it doesn't come across in the post, I'm a bit irritated with the way Texas guns handled that phone call.

All the best,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
got mine for $440 shipped from gunbroker.com just last week

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is that the outfit on bandera??? I bought a walther from them about 6 years ago. Supohunter on gunbroker is who i trade with.

PS: 399 plus 25 shipping is what i paid on the 11th of october. NIB xd9 sc

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I got it from supohunter. Great deal and great service. I'm taking the first trip to the range this weekend.

He has a xd40sc bi-tone for under $500 right now.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Is that the outfit on bandera??? I bought a walther from them about 6 years ago. Supohunter on gunbroker is who i trade with.

PS: 399 plus 25 shipping is what i paid on the 11th of october. NIB xd9 sc
ps I got it for 425 +ship. But I get the extra 2 mags with mail in promo.
:p

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. The Powderhorn is off of Loop 410, on the frontage/access road. It's real convenient to the base that I work on (Lackland AFB). I'm not quite sure where Texas guns is at. All I know is that they are close to San Antonio... somewhere. I got their number from a Google search of "Gun Dealers San Antonio TX".

I've never ordered a gun online like that - I was told they had to go to someone with an FFL, and they can charge what they want to accept it for you. Is that right?

I've lurked on different gun sales sites, but never bought anything other than mags, grips, etc... no guns yet. I'll check that out.

All the best,
Glenn

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cajuntec- The SAXET Gun Show in San Antonio is December 6&7 2008. Here is the link to their site Saxet Trade Shows. It sounds like Texas Guns is price gouging. Maybe things will have calmed down by the time the gun show is here. Good Luck

·
Registered
105 Posts
ps I got it for 425 +ship. But I get the extra 2 mags with mail in promo.
:p

SA honored the promo since i didnt recieve my gun until the 16th :p:p take that one :twisted:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cajuntec- The SAXET Gun Show in San Antonio is December 6&7 2008. Here is the link to their site Saxet Trade Shows. It sounds like Texas Guns is price gouging. Maybe things will have calmed down by the time the gun show is here. Good Luck
Thanks Shark52! Hopefully, they will have some there... and I won't get gouged on the price. I really appreciate that.
All the best,
Glenn

·
Registered
105 Posts
Darn.

My FFL transfer was $15
Howbout them apples?

MY FFL was FREEE :confused::confused::confused:
The Shop owner gets taken on a hunt for mule deer every year with me.:cool:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
OK swtxtitan and Boltsfan... I appreciate the replies... but can you have your "my **** is bigger" discussion via IM's or something? :lol::lol::lol:

:mrgreen:

I just found supohunter - hopefully ordering one the minute I get home (don't want to put my credit card over my work computer).

Thanks again everyone.

All the best,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
item # 115834961 on gunbroker xd40sc bitone $495 shipped.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How did you find him????
I was gonna post a link but still cant find him....ive tried all the xd9/40 sc combinations possible.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I picked one up at the West Palm show last weekend for $469 + tax (black). The prices have gone up about $50 around here in the last month as best as I can tell. The best I saw on Gunbroker over the previous week was about $425 + $25 shipping + $35 transfer and background check.

A local dealer here had 3 BiTones in 40. He wanted $525 for a used one and $600 for the new ones and would not move a penny on the price.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the postings everyone. I am going to find an FFL here tomorrow. I'm going to ask around at work first, as there are tons of military people that work around me that may be FFL's - I just have to ask around. I'll be calling them right afterwards.
All the best,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I just bought an XD40sc (all black, normal sights) from sportsman's warehouse in portland, oregon last saturday for $489 + $10 background check fee.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts