Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "little" brother turns 18 on the 23rd...It is a big deal birthday-wise and being he is old enough to buy a gun, figured it was fitting to get him one...

Found a Remington Model 11 Sportsman in 16-gauge locally for a damn reasonable pricetag...he has been griping about bird hunting with my old single-shot .410...this should be a bit of an upgrade :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Damn good gift. Wish I could do something for my little brother. Need a better job

sent by the german shepherd next to me

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
better view of the receiver...

Attachments

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Good brother you are!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Very nice. I love the old humpback's. He'll love it I'm sure. How tough are 16ga shells to track down? I've never owned one.

I'm actually set to inherit a Belgian-made Browning Auto-5 20ga from my fiance's father when he passes away. It's an absolute work of art, and even still has the paper instruction sheet for adjusting the recoil system stuck inside the forend.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. I love the old humpback's. He'll love it I'm sure. How tough are 16ga shells to track down? I've never owned one.

I'm actually set to inherit a Belgian-made Browning Auto-5 20ga from my fiance's father when he passes away. It's an absolute work of art, and even still has the paper instruction sheet for adjusting the recoil system stuck inside the forend.
I actually found 4 different places to get slugs; Birdshot there a half dozen places that carry shells

I have an Auto-5 in 16....awesome guns...been on the lookout for a 20gauge...

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
That's a nice gift. I'm sure he will appreciate it.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Last time I was in bass pro they actually had a few selections of 16ga field loads.

They don't get much love from kids these days

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
You are going to have one happy brother...well done sir!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts