Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both zombies and mummies are a product of the undead...but which one is worse? Do you think different preparation is needed for mummies, it seems we only talk of zombies here, with the occasional talk of vampires and warewolves.........are mummies just not that dangerous that we overlook them?

Food for thought

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
All the difference in the world! What a silly question. ;)

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the difference in the world! What a silly question. ;)
So......what's the differance? Seems like a headshot is what ends a zombie...but a mummy seems to need a good burst of energy centermass to explode them. Decapitation seems to work on both.

What's the best way to dispatch a mummy?

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
So......what's the differance? Seems like a headshot is what ends a zombie...but a mummy seems to need a good burst of energy centermass to explode them. Decapitation seems to work on both.

What's the best way to dispatch a mummy?

That is a tough question. I am more of a zombie guy, myself. Maybe we should wait for a mummy expert to show up.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I handload special razor rounds, they cut the wrappings and the Mummies fall out as dust.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I handload special razor rounds, they cut the wrappings and the Mummies fall out as dust.
Oh duh, I didn't even think of that, what an idiot I am, and here I thought I was a problem solver.

Does anyone think fluchette (sp?) rounds would be a good idea?

·
21,874 Posts
I still think fire will destroy them both.

Other than that shoot off the arms and legs. Doesnt matter if they are "dead" or not they cant do shi...

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Xdmp22 don't be silly everybody knows that mummies aren't real.:rolleyes:

All you have to worry about are the zombies, vampires and werewolves.

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
Egyptian style mummies are desiccated plus covered in dry cloth, pitch and tar. they will go up like a roman candle if exposed to flame. Its their magical powers and curses you need to be on the watch for. :shock:

On the plus side, mummies are are very rare compared to just some random corpse, so their numbers will never be that great.

You will not have to worry about mummies rising during your standard zombie plague, their brains have been pulled out through their nose as part of the mummification preparations.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Mummies have to be dealt with using incantations from the Book of Amun-Ra. Due to the scarcity of circulated copies of said book, it's a good thing that mummies are few and far between.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If Brendan Fraser wasn't a zombie yet, then I would let him take care of it. He's killed thousands already so I think he could handle it.

If he's already bitten, then I would pop him in the head and pick up a flare gun. I think that would do the trick.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stumbling across a mummy is far less likely than a zombie. I'd second the roman candle method, or 2 or 3 rounds of buckshot in quick succession from top to bottom. Perhaps some dragon's breath loads for the 12ga would be a highly effective means of dispatching the dried up egyptian royalty? Something to think about, though I find it far more likely that I will run into a zombie in my lifetime. Look at Washington DC.

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
You could always get a Rabbi to make a golem out of clay and twigs to battle a mummy. Arming it with a dragon's breath spewing 12 gauge would surely give it the upper hand over a mummy.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I think you guys are all missing the real danger here.

Yes Zombies are the biggest threat to mankind but if you think for a minute that there isn't a very real possibility of a machine uprising or an alien invasion then you are kidding yourself!

When Apple and Google merge SkyNet will be born.

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
I am really comforted by the collective wisdom of the contributors to this thread. :)

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
403 Posts
Also, mummies are not infectious, so unlike zombies you will not become a mummy if you're bitten by one or otherwise exposed to them.

As for dismemberment, documentary evidence ("The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns") suggests that severed mummy limbs will continue to attack, so I think fire really is your safest option.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts