Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/08/10/7769/

FBI Handout Lists Purchase of Preparedness Items as “Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities”

“Make bulk purchase of items to include:

Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers

Meals Ready to Eat

Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks

High capacity magazines

Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles”
----------------------------------

also instructs surplus store owners to:

“Require valid ID from all new customers.

Keep records of purchases.

Talk to customers, ask questions, and

listen to and observe their responses.

Watch for people and actions that are out of place.

Make note of suspicious statements, people, and /or vehicles.

If something seems wrong, notify law enforcement authorities.”

The handout also instructs surplus store owners to consider as “suspicious” anyone who “demands identity ‘privacy’” or anyone who expresses “extreme religious statements” and those who “make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, [or] radical theology.”

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
if im paying with cash and im asked to see my id for a flashlight or mre im absolutely saying no. also, i dont want conversation, i want to buy my items and leave so i can go about my day. i must be a terrorist.

·
Premium Member
127,703 Posts
We all know how dangerous those MREs can be in the wrong hands! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
The fact is that while not all people who prep are anti government nut cases or terrorists, some anti-government nut cases/terrorists are preppers or survivalists. Let's face it, military surplus does have some utility if one is going to mount an assault or terrorist, anti government attack. I think it prudent for the feds to ask for help should a military surplus store owner run across someone exhibiting strange behavior. If you read the flier it is does make a distinction between someones normal beliefs and patterns of behavior.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The fact is that while not all people who prep are anti government nut cases or terrorists, some anti-government nut cases/terrorists are preppers or survivalists. Let's face it, military surplus does have some utility if one is going to mount an assault or terrorist, anti government attack. I think it prudent for the feds to ask for help should a military surplus store owner run across someone exhibiting strange behavior. If you read the flier it is does make a distinction between someones normal beliefs and patterns of behavior.
And people like you are the reason we are losing more and more of our rights every day. Hey bad people use guns too so lets make a federal gun regestration law. I am sure ATF will make a distinction between "normal" beliefs and patterns of behavior. They would never do anything wrong like giving guns to known criminals right?

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
The dumbing down is still working on some people. People doing something perfectly legal and your neighbor should call the local police and report you. Who here wants to wear a brown shirt?

·
Registered
17,758 Posts
Wait..is that a NEW handout?!?!

Dang..bulk ammo and MRE's??

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've seen some really weirdos asking some off the wall questions in my local army/navy store.. if there is a list, i rekon it's a mighty long one... oh and i bought a box of MREs last time so i guess I'm a possible terrorist for preparing for the hurricane lol

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Ames Iowa, August 13th, 2011

·
Registered
17,758 Posts

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dumbing down is still working on some people. People doing something perfectly legal and your neighbor should call the local police and report you. Who here wants to wear a brown shirt?
That was actually one of my first thoughts after reading this

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

And since 99.999% of people who prep DO NOT engage in terrorist activities --> they should be left alone.

By YOUR logic, since 100% of domestic terrorists in the past 20 years have been Islamic --> ALL islamist activity should be strictly monitored and reported to the police. Right? You are just going by FACTS and not emotions,right?

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
and some terrorists are white, some are black, some are middle eastern. some are christians, mormons, muslims, athiests. some are carnivores, and some are vegans.

according to your logic we should create a system were everyone is guilty all the time and we can then just arrest the bad people as soon as we find out they are bad for whatever reason. i basically called you a fascist.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts