Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Good post/resource to put on line again.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've never had this happen. I use the same grip as you also. How hold is your .40? I bought mine when they first came out. Maybe it changed a little in the past few years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1 yr. old XD 40 and experienced these premature slidelock issues. I was getting FTFs every 100 rounds or so. I very gingerly filed the inside of the slide lock mechanism, taking only a very little bit off. Then went to the range and ran a variety of ammo, totalling 250 rounds, and experienced no FTFs.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our pair of .40 XD's were bought new about 10 months ago. Only one exhibited PSL, and the only with the SWC reload described in the article- and that could have been a bum reload, bent case or whatever. Both of our guns have been 100% with any and all factory ammo.

Still, it was a potential problem and I think that eliminating it has probably contributed to the superb reliability we have enjoyed with these guns. The HS/XD is one of the better designs to come along in the past 25 years, IMO.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Awesome post! I had this happen last week every 3rd round when using WWB. It kept locking up, yet shot UMC flawless. I examined my slide lock release with a full mag and it was actually touching the WWB but not the UMC. I shaved it down A tad and polished it with some flitz and it functioned perfect at the range today. Good investigating. I can now carry with confidence.
Thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I know its already been said, but very well written post!

I think this post is worthy of reviving for some of the newer members to have read like myself. has anyone tried contacting springfield and bringing this to their attention?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Eric_Oh said:
I know its already been said, but very well written post!

I think this post is worthy of reviving for some of the newer members to have read like myself. has anyone tried contacting springfield and bringing this to their attention?

Oh yeah. Its been done.

P.s. Aint searching for threads fun.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
outstanding effort above and beyond anything ive seen explained to fix a glitch.. you would be good to have around lol.. dam i cant wait to pic my 40's up this week
thanks for the wonderful post.. man i cant pry my ass away from this site

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
indianbullet said:
outstanding effort above and beyond anything ive seen explained to fix a glitch.. you would be good to have around lol.. dam i cant wait to pic my 40's up this week
thanks for the wonderful post.. man i cant pry my ass away from this site
Took me two months of not getting anything done :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
invssgt,
I've been off the forum for awhile now (over six months) so I'm catching up. I just checked my XD40 4" bi-tone and did not find the interference issue with the slide lock lever and bullets that you have found on your XDs. I pulled the calipers out and attempted to measure the height of the internal extension "nub". I did not strip the slide lock lever off the frame, so a truly accurate measurement was not possible. I'll have to do this next time I strip the XD. Anyway, the "nub" was .150"! Maybe a thou or two shorter, but damn close to .149" (where you stopped shortening your lever, right). I purchased my XD in Sept. '03. I wonder if all newer XDs have this problem. I wonder if Springfield's replacement levers have this longer lever "nub".

I'll be sending you a private message as I'm in MO also.

John

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jdrotert,

Thanks for the info. I figured that at some point SFA would just switch to a slide lock that is within my 'finished' specifications- and the introduction of the .45 GAP should just about insure that.

Maybe they have already started.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts