Springfield XD Forum banner

Pre and Post recall pulls with PRP Kits

784 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JPhoenixX 
#1 ·
My son is smarter then the oldman, he didn't send his XDS back to Springfield for the update and I did send my two units back. Also, he has the pre-recall PRP spring kit in his XDS and it is lovely.

My post recall units with the post recall PRP kits take the pistol from terrible to tolerable but with the added crap and changed sear etc the pull is no where what it was pre recall. Who ever did the 'fix' at Springfield was perhaps a bit over zealous.

On the upside, I just traded my son for his non-recalled XDS with the PRP spring kit - - what a lovely trigger on a small unit. Oh, and in about 30 tries I can not get the so called 'dangerous' unit to do what one pistol in over 200K did; I often wonder if anyone else has had their pre-recall units malfunction.

Glocks blow up with regularity and the fix is easy but then they lose law suits. Springfield has one issue and recalls every one and creates a blah unit from an excellent unit - what does this tell you? Tells me that this country is far to litigious.

I will NEVER send the one unit back to Springfield as the fix has already taken the shoot ability out of two of them.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here we go again. If you search just this forum you will find way more than one slam fire and even a mag dump. Actually anyone who thinks their son is smart for ignoring a firearm recall is one brick shy of a full load. These pistols will outlive us. None if them slam fired out of the box. Some were fairly new and some had thousands of rounds down range. Be safe.

#3 ·
I personally would not publicize that I owned a weapon that was knowingly withheld from a recall...if anything were to ever happen involving the handgun with the malfunction law enforcement would certainly attempt to incriminate you...

I am in Central Texas and I just had the ATF come and interview me about a legitimate gun trade (I had documentation) where the firearm ended up downstream with an alleged criminal enterprise...believe me they knew detailed things about online activity that baffled me in regard to knowing where I had posted and all the details (including non gun related stuff). My point is big brother is watching!

#5 ·
I personally would not publicize that I owned a weapon that was knowingly withheld from a recall...if anything were to ever happen involving the handgun with the malfunction law enforcement would certainly attempt to incriminate you...

I am in Central Texas and I just had the ATF come and interview me about a legitimate gun trade (I had documentation) where the firearm ended up downstream with an alleged criminal enterprise...believe me they knew detailed things about online activity that baffled me in regard to knowing where I had posted and all the details (including non gun related stuff). My point is big brother is watching!
I was told the NICS system didn't store any info. Am I wrong?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.