Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Sig since '97 and was considering selling it and getting an XDM 3.8 subcompact .40 for a CCW. I was told by a guy at Cabela's to make sure to get what it's worth since it was a model made in Germany. Now I'm considering just keeping it but was wondering if there is any additional value over a base P229 made after 2000. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

·
Registered
624 Posts
You will regret selling it. They don't make them like that anymore. Yes, it has probably held it's value a little better than the newer ones but a lot depends on the pistols condition & number of rounds fired. I'm not a Sig expert but over at the Sig Forum quite a few folks favor the German Sigs.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Are you sure it was made in Germany? I have a 229 from that time period with the frame stamped made in Germany and the slide stamped Exeter, N.H. IIRC the .40 cal Sigs from this period all had slides made in the US. If it has a milled stainless slide, which is what they went to for the .40 cal. it was was at least partly made in the U.S. Either way it is a top of the line gun and one I will never sell.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've decided to not sell it. It's a great shooting gun.

It's my understanding only the frames of pre2k Sigs were made in Germany, then shipped and assembled in the USA.

Well that popped my cherry for 1st/2nd post on here. Now to get my XDM and jump in with both feet. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
41 Posts
First of all the Sig 229's were never fully made in Germany..The frames were and the slides were not..The 226's had some made fully in Germany and kinda demand a premium on those models as the Germans machined the slides a bit better..The sig is worth twice as much as a XD in my opinion..Glad you decided to hold onto it..I will not sell my sigs..The duo tone you see is a 226 all German..Its one of my favorite firearms..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
First of all the Sig 229's were never fully made in Germany..The frames were and the slides were not..The 226's had some made fully in Germany and kinda demand a premium on those models as the Germans machined the slides a bit better..The sig is worth twice as much as a XD in my opinion..Glad you decided to hold onto it..I will not sell my sigs..The duo tone you see is a 226 all German..Its one of my favorite firearms..
Does that 226 have a stamped or milled stainless slide. If it was stamped I assume it is a 9mm. Right or wrong? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts