Springfield XD Forum banner

581 - 600 of 625 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
My fiancés mother was in a pileup today and is in icu at a second hospital because she broke her neck. I got her on a plane tonight and hated seeing her crying face and not being able to go with. Her father passed too young. Please let her momma stay a while longer.

·
Premium Member
17,703 Posts
My fiancés mother was in a pileup today and is in icu at a second hospital because she broke her neck. I got her on a plane tonight and hated seeing her crying face and not being able to go with. Her father passed too young. Please let her momma stay a while longer.
Prayers for her, Jake. Good that your fiancé can go to be with her. Her momma will pull through.

·
Premium Member
126,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
Sorry to hear that, Jake. She and her family will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Please keep me and my family in your prayers. I found out last night that I am under investigation at work for a possible safety violation that would result in my termination. While I and my coworkers don't believe I did anything wrong it will come down to how management decides to interpret the rules. As I bring in 2/3 of the income, losing this job would be catastrophic. We both went through a similar situation 7 years ago, costing my wife her dream wedding, us a nice honeymoon, and causing us to have to live very frugally since then. She really doesn't deserve to have to go through something like this again just as we are almost to a point of being able to start stashing away a significant amount of savings for a change. Any prayers are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Please keep me and my family in your prayers. I found out last night that I am under investigation at work for a possible safety violation that would result in my termination. While I and my coworkers don't believe I did anything wrong it will come down to how management decides to interpret the rules. As I bring in 2/3 of the income, losing this job would be catastrophic. We both went through a similar situation 7 years ago, costing my wife her dream wedding, us a nice honeymoon, and causing us to have to live very frugally since then. She really doesn't deserve to have to go through something like this again just as we are almost to a point of being able to start stashing away a significant amount of savings for a change. Any prayers are greatly appreciated.
Prayers coming your way. Good luck sir!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was informed of the decision regarding my job today. While they didn't terminate me, they handed out a pretty severe punishment. I was handed a "level 3" disciplinary action which is 18 months probation and up to 3 days suspension without pay (I received a 1 day suspension). A level 4 is immediate termination. Any infraction during the probation period would result in a level 4. Also ineligible for any promotion or transfer during that probation period.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It definitely could have been worse; however, it still feels like a punch in the gut as they chose to completely ignore the fact that they were allowing other operators to breach the barricade to allow adjacent equipment to continue to operate. All we hear all day long is safety over production but in my case, they chose production over safety for everyone except me as my actions did not result in an increase in production. Frustrating to say the least.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Take some time to let it settle in. Your perspective may not change but you may make peace with the result. in my experience, I the lack of consistency in managerial operations is common place and results in significant morale decreases. Sorry for your trouble but as others said, it could have been a lot worse. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
It's a sad thing but at times, good workers are subject to things like this in order to make a example for the other "pets" who are doing the same thing. I know, I had this very thing happen to me while I was trying to care for my daughter. Please, don't wear a chip on your shoulder or let this dictate your future actions. Show them you're not only better than that, but stronger as well..........

Edit: They wanted me to quit but I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.....My daughters' annual medical bill was running around $70,000.00. Her first hospital stay had cost the insurance company north of $828,000.00.....I totally get why they wanted me gone and after they had fired me and my wife's insurance company had picked up the tab, they soon fired her.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for all the supportive comments. I'm sure the wave of emotions will die down soon. Hopefully I will be able to make the right decisions regarding my future there if other opportunities present themselves. Once again I appreciate the prayers. Clearly God still answers them even if the answer isn't everything I was hoping for.

581 - 600 of 625 Posts