Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 625 Posts

·
Premium Member
126,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several members over the years have requested prayers for friends and loved ones. Depending on the particular thread they are posted in some don't get much notice or response. Consequently, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to that purpose. If you are not a person of faith, or are critical of those who are, please refrain from making unkind remarks here.

·
Premium Member
126,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just learned that my sister, Carol, suffered a stroke last night and is in intensive care. Also, my grandson, Xander, will be going into surgery in a few minutes for a burst appendix. I respectfully request your prayers for their healing.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Prayers headed your way Slugfest sorry to hear, i hope everything turns out for the better!
I can use some prayers as well, my mother in law is finalizing her last wishes this week and isn't expected to make it another 3-4 months.

Reactions: f.eskew1968

·
Premium Member
126,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prayers headed your way Slugfest sorry to hear, i hope everything turns out for the better!
I can use some prayers as well, my mother in law is finalizing her last wishes this week and isn't expected to make it another 3-4 months.
She will be in my prayers. We went through that with both my mother and MIL. It's a tough patch of road, but one that must be traveled.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Keep your chin up, I will keep you and your mother in law in my thoughts as well.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
My FIL is dealing with colon cancer and my MIL just found out she possibly has breast cancer. My wife is going through post partum depression. Yes I have a lot of weighty prayer requests but God is good all the time. He has worked many time in my family's lives so the new challenges are not a big deal.

Thank you Slugger for starting this thread. May those of us who believe in God be an encouragement to one another.

Reactions: f.eskew1968

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
I just learned that my sister, Carol, suffered a stroke last night and is in intensive care. Also, my grandson, Xander, will be going into surgery in a few minutes for a burst appendix. I respectfully request your prayers for their healing.
My FIL is dealing with colon cancer and my MIL just found out she possibly has breast cancer. My wife is going through post partum depression. Yes I have a lot of weighty prayer requests but God is good all the time. He has worked many time in my family's lives so the new challenges are not a big deal.
Prayers sent to all... Stay strong because others still depend on your strength

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I am one of those people who is a non-believer and never really sure what to say in cases such as this. It would be hypocritical of me to offer prayers when I don't believe that way, even though no one would ever know my true feelings if I did. I know that a statement of "well, that sucks" is just insensitive and inappropriate. I do however keep those in need in my thoughts. Just remember that when I don't say anything. It is kinda the whole remain silent and be thought an a-hole than speak and remove all doubt.

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
Prayers said.

Reactions: TomLC and Enjoi829

·
Banned
20,021 Posts
Please pray for my friend Judy. She is a wonderful person and somebody that is always doing a good deed for others. She is currently being treated for cancer.

Great idea for a thread. I will add these concerns to my current prayer list. Also, as prayers are answered it would be nice to hear that.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I am one of those people who is a non-believer and never really sure what to say in cases such as this.
I am also another non-believer and feel the same way as JeffXD, never sure of what to say. So I will keep all of you in my thoughts and hope for the best for all of you.

I lost my wife, lover, and best friend of 35 years almost 2 years ago to small cell lung cancer that spread to her brain. I try not to put much of my personal life on the internet. For that reason I don't do Facebook, twitter or any other of those sites. So there you all now know of a part of my life. I say this not for your sympathy, but to let you know that I do know first hand what most of you are going through and some of the hardships you are facing.

So even though I am not a person of faith, I don't begrudge anyone who is and I think the world is a better place because of people who do have faith.

So again......... I will keep all of you in my thoughts and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
126,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So again......... I will keep all of you in my thoughts and hope for the best.
I am so sorry to learn of your wife's passing. Several of my atheist friends, who are good people, are perfectly capable of expressing support, love, and condolences. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject.

·
Premium Member
126,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do however keep those in need in my thoughts. Just remember that when I don't say anything. It is kinda the whole remain silent and be thought an a-hole than speak and remove all doubt.
Thank you for that comment, Jeff. I respect it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Just prayed for both, good luck and God Bless my brother

1 - 20 of 625 Posts