Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Brown Bear or Sllier & Belloit...They seem to be the best price on Ammunition to Go but I have read reviews that they were very dirty ammo to use, S&B leaving brass from the plating in the chamber.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
do you have a walmart near you, I've found winchestor white box (WWB) at walmarts even cheaper per round than bulk ammo on the net. I think all ammo leaves small brass shavings because of the extractor and ejector

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I have put about 100 rounds of S&B downrange (.40 S&W) and it was fine. Cleaned up nice and I didn't notice that it was any more dirty.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been getting WWB at Wally World...My thinking is with the increase in shipping cost the price works out the same or even more online...I usually pick up a 100 pack when I'm there and I have a Wally World on the way to the range as well. I was curious more than anything how many people order online now...Some seem set that it's a better deal. The only thing I can say onlne shopping you can actually get 124 grain in bulk...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well Vances here in ohio have sales some times. I just picked up the Brown Bear .223 for 26.77 per 100. Didnt think that was a bad price. It shoots well through rifles my ar and ak never shot it through pistols though.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Wal-mart is definately not cheaper than online.

I just paid $54 after tax for 250rounds of 9mm Remington.

that's 20.6 cents per shot....

Online i can get 1000 rounds for $169 shipped.

that's say 17 cents per shot

hmmm.... For every 500 rounds you save $18.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yep, and I've never had a problem with Wolf in any of my guns to date...seems just as dirty as anything else I shoot (I clean after every range trip anyways), and it fires just fine for practicing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.