Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Brown Bear or Sllier & Belloit...They seem to be the best price on Ammunition to Go but I have read reviews that they were very dirty ammo to use, S&B leaving brass from the plating in the chamber.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
do you have a walmart near you, I've found winchestor white box (WWB) at walmarts even cheaper per round than bulk ammo on the net. I think all ammo leaves small brass shavings because of the extractor and ejector

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I have put about 100 rounds of S&B downrange (.40 S&W) and it was fine. Cleaned up nice and I didn't notice that it was any more dirty.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been getting WWB at Wally World...My thinking is with the increase in shipping cost the price works out the same or even more online...I usually pick up a 100 pack when I'm there and I have a Wally World on the way to the range as well. I was curious more than anything how many people order online now...Some seem set that it's a better deal. The only thing I can say onlne shopping you can actually get 124 grain in bulk...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Bulk ammo, for me, is cheaper online then at Wallyworld...except 22LR.

Example:
WWB 9mm is $20/100 + tax at my Walmart
Wolf 9mm is $169/1000 shipped online

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well Vances here in ohio have sales some times. I just picked up the Brown Bear .223 for 26.77 per 100. Didnt think that was a bad price. It shoots well through rifles my ar and ak never shot it through pistols though.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get the Wolf 9mm from online? $169 was the price shipped???

·
Registered
346 Posts
gun-deals.com - Unbiased Gun Deals)

Ammoman sells it for 169$ shipped...prices go up from there

If you input your zip code, you can click the top columns to sort by whatever price (total, price per round, etc) to find the cheapest price per round. This is a user-maintained site, so if you find a deal that's no longer taking place, report it :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info Hadn't found them yet...

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Wal-mart is definately not cheaper than online.

I just paid $54 after tax for 250rounds of 9mm Remington.

that's 20.6 cents per shot....

Online i can get 1000 rounds for $169 shipped.

that's say 17 cents per shot

hmmm.... For every 500 rounds you save $18.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yep, and I've never had a problem with Wolf in any of my guns to date...seems just as dirty as anything else I shoot (I clean after every range trip anyways), and it fires just fine for practicing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts