Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and gals,
I'm just about to get my XD9 service from a LE friend and I am really wanting to go out to a shooting range and try it out. He has broken the gun in with about 500 to 600 rounds through it and wants to sell it.

Does anyone have recommendations on reasonably priced 9mm ammo for practice shooting? And also where to get it - either online or which stores (I'm in Dallas TX)?

Are there any brands or types of 9mm ammo to stay away from?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

·
Registered
144 Posts
One of the best things about the XD/m's is they shoot what you put in them...

Seems like Walmart is about the best you'll do for a store, WWB for ~$24 per 100.

If you wanted to buy bigger amounts online, you can get down a little cheaper per round.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've had good success with RWS, Federal American Eagles, and Fiocchi. Had some issues with Tulammo. Walmart's bulk Winchester White Box are ok. If you're planning to shoot a lot, it might save you a few by buying bulk. I bought the RWS 124gr 9mm for $199 shipped from http://www.weaponsworld.com.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you can find a local re-loader they are sometimes cheaper than even Walmart and the other box stores. I buy all my ammo from BVAC, they are here in MT and at their outlet stores they are as low as $182 for 1000 rounds (have to buy 1000 rounds, but hey, it doesn't go bad). They also have some dealers down in Texas so you might google BVAC and try one of those shops.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've been buying Blazer aluminum, typically can be had for 9.99 per 50 from the local Fleet Farm. You can also get good deals online, my fav place is sportsmansguide.com

·
Registered
877 Posts
I usually run WWB or Federal's from wally world for target practice. Ordering online, you may get it cheaper by a few pennies, but be sure they are having free shipping, and you'll have to wait a few days vs wally world and have it right then. Sometimes it's worth it....

·
Registered
464 Posts
I use wallyworld,s 10$ box federal. 1200+ rounds and not one problem

·
Registered
114 Posts
yeah walmart used to have that blazer brass for like 8.99... im sure its a dollar more now but it was good stuff! they also have the steel case for a buck cheaper but the WWB is also a great deal

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
I agree, it will shoot just about anything you buy ... or reload.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had good success with RWS, Federal American Eagles, and Fiocchi. Had some issues with Tulammo. Walmart's bulk Winchester White Box are ok. If you're planning to shoot a lot, it might save you a few by buying bulk. I bought the RWS 124gr 9mm for $199 shipped from Cheap Bulk Ammo | Weapons World Ammunition.

I keep seeing WWB in ammo threads .... WWB = Winchester White Box correct?

Thanks to all.

Dave

·
Registered
892 Posts
usaammo.com has some good deals on ammo.
50 rds 9mm 115gr FMJ-$8.45
1000rds 9mm 115gr FMJ-$169

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have been using Magtech, Sellier & Bellot and PMC Bronze in 115 gr for range practice. All have served me well and had zero problems using them.

I order in bulk from cheaperthandirt for $10.26 per box.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts