Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've been attending a monthly rifle match basic IDPA scoring is the objective.

each match consist of 4-5 stages and are basically an it could happen scenario. The last match was last Saturday and while my total Pts Down was Awsome at like 5.5 which would have been a three way tie for 1st but my time Sucked A$$ leaving me pretty low down on the totem pole as far as rankings go.

Since the whole match is pretty much so time based Using IDPA scoring does anyone here have any suggestion that i can use to decrease my time while without effecting my accuracy,

thoughts, Comments, Suggestions,

really i would like to set a course somewhere and practice practice practice but there isn't really any place to do that around here,

I was thinking dry fire practices but that really won't tell me if im hitting accuratly,

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
How does that saying go ?

You can't miss fast enough to win.

Speed will come with practice.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
yeah well tell the guys with a total of 40+ pts down that kicked my ass
Are you shooting it as a "game" or training?

If a game, a miss is pts down, oh well no big deal...

if training, a miss is an innocent bystander, team member, or you go down :shock:

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
The best advice I can give is to keep the rifle up to your shoulder at all times, barrel down when needed. Move quickly, but don't rush. Short range targets do not require as much (if any) actual sighting.

Speed is important, but if there is a potential for innocent bystanders to get hurt (or points lost to inaccuracy) then slower and more accurate is the priority.

You already know how to be accurate. Speed will increase with practice.

You can never miss fast enough to win a gunfight.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you shooting it as a "game" or training?

If a game, a miss is pts down, oh well no big deal...

if training, a miss is an innocent bystander, team member, or you go down :shock:
it is a match designed to practice skills we already so no it's not training

It is set up as a time based competition were you are penalized for missed shots and FTN

Points down are scored on the two best shots IE: if you score two hits in the zero there is no time penalty, however the is a 1/2 second penalty for each -1 point scored 5 second penalty for each FTN and 5 second penalty for each procedurel

I guess basically I need to quit shooting for zero and get through the stages faster while avoiding any FTN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts