Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased and installed the PRP Ultimate Match trigger kit in my XDM 9mm and am very pleased with the results! However a word of warning to anyone installing this kit. The instructions and the video on the PRP website shows instillation on an XD and there are slight differences between the XD and XDM.

Most notably the video clearly shows the seer being fitted with the takedown lever in the up position. On the XDM the takedown lever MUST be in the down (forward) position! There is connector between the takedown lever and trigger/seer reset. This is why we don't have to pull the trigger on the XDM to remove the slide. If you try to fit the seer with the takedown lever up you may end up taking too much material off the seer while adjusting the grip safety.

Another difference is that the XDM has a second spring on the seer and there is no information on what to do with this spring. I left it out as I don't think there is enough room for it to fit in anyway.

I think the PRP trigger is a good modification to the XDM, and with a little change to the video and written instructions instillation should be a breeze!

Craig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick update on the PRP trigger kit. I contacted Danial at Powder River and explained my issues with the seer and their instilation instructions. He sent me a new seer, at no cost, and explained that the second spring that attaches to the trigger safety is no longer necessary, but it may be installed if I want too. Took my gun to an IDPA match and came in 2nd in ESP marksman! All things said and done the PRP trigger kit makes a big difference in how my XDM shoots!

Craig

1 - 2 of 2 Posts