Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im new to the site and to the xd for now :wink: I have been thinking about a new xd in 9mm with a stainless slide and the heinie sloped night sights. Honestly Im worried about all the rusting issues I've read about on this site. Will I still have these issues with the stainless slide? Where does most of the rust occur,( slide, internal parts, pins etc)? I really like the features of this gun as opposed to my current G17 and the feel of the xd, as well as the trigger feels better to me. Maybe Im just being to cautious but its alot of money to spend if its gonna rust everytime I touch it. Thanks for any input :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Here are my two babies. I have no signs of rust anywhere. The SS slide on my XD-9 Sub C will certainly be more resistant to any rust -- and the slides are where the potential problem lies because the frame is polymer. :wink:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
You shouldn't have any issues with rust on the stainless model. The times I had it, it was on the side of the slide that was nearest me in the holster, and a bit on the slide release and takedown lever. [External, not internal]

·
Registered
77 Posts

Here is mine.... and I have not had a spot of rust. I carry it daily, AND I shoot it in competitions... Its been by my side constantly... I live in Florida so you KNOW its been sweated on and exposed to humidity... not a single problem.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't baby mine at all, and no rust here. Once I saw a little discoloration after wearing it to the pier, a little oil and wiped right off. Sometimes it stays 2-3 days in the truck in south Texas with no signs of aging and over 2500 rounds down.
4" .357 sig is the only gun for me!! Sorry no pics, it is in the truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts