Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to the range to try out the new trigger after the recall .... long story short , I HATE it . The pull is a lot heavier than before and it doesn`t break as clean as before . Same thing with my lady`s XD-S . I was missing plates I could hit before and my grouping was all over the place ... all trigger related , i.e. way to heavy a pull .
As a reference , my 1911 has a clean , crisp 4 lb pull and my new PPQ , out of the box is 4 lbs , crisp with no creep .
I`ve ordered two Powder River spring kits to see if that makes a difference .... if not , then I`ll sell both of these guns . Really a shame as it fits me perfectly , very concealable , very accurate and had a decent trigger before the recall .
On the positive side , both guns functioned flawlessly ... no FTF or failures to go into battery and worked on several different types of ammo .
I`ll update this after I get some more range time with the spring kits installed

·
Registered
264 Posts
xzccqp said:
Finally got to the range to try out the new trigger after the recall .... long story short , I HATE it . The pull is a lot heavier than before and it doesn`t break as clean as before .
:confused: I was able to determine the problems with the post-recall trigger without shooting it.

The Powder River kit fixed it right up, though.

While you have them apart, take the opportunity to polish the contact surfaces on the innards. I did that and my trigger, which was sweet before, is now even better. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
My XDS9 was a post recall manufactured XDS9. Since I owned a PPQ I felt the trigger on the XDS was pretty heavy so I installed the PRP spring kit. What a difference it made. $18.00 well spent. Also put the PRP extreme rubber textured grip on. Makes it more to comfortable to shoot.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I am glad I don't own a weapon that had to be sent in. Both my XDS 45 3.3 and my XDS 9 4.0 were made post recall. I say that because I have nothing to compare them to, so they are fine with me. The XDS 45 started out like the brand new 9mm is now, a little heavy pull, but very mangeable, imo. The 45 has got nothing but better with much dry fire and shooting paper. My son's gauge tells me it has a 5 pound pull, which, I have been told, is the perfect pull for a CCW. My XDS 9mm is around 6. I think it will come down toward the 5 pound pull with the same dry fire and shooting paper that did it for the 45. But if it doesn't, it's still a fine trigger that is very accurate. But I do sympathize with those who can compare before and after. I must admit I wouldn't be happy if I had sent one of mine off and it came back worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts