Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Walmart today...all of the big caliber ammunition was gone, even that expensive as hell winchester 7.62x39.

they had a 4 100 round boxes of federal .223 left @ $38 ea. bought 'em all.

not only was the ammo cleaned out, but the guns too. all they had left were those hunting shotguns.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Stopped by my local Wallyworld Superstore last night to pick up some groceries. Took a walk down to the ammo counter. They had all kinds of ammo there. Didn't see that anyone had been in there panic buying. I picked up two boxes of 9mm Blazer Brass at the normal price. Looked like their stock of ammo was the same as months before.

I didn't really need the ammo because I have been following the thread on here in the Ammo section about buying a box a week since earlier this year. So needless to say.......I have my fair share of ammo. Figured I would get a few boxes anyways since I was there and it was about a 1 mile walk back to the ammo counter. :lol:

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the walmart i went to is one of the only in the valley that sells ammo and guns. not all here sell ammo. i guess that has something to do with it.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
the walmart i went to is one of the only in the valley that sells ammo and guns. not all here sell ammo. i guess that has something to do with it.
You are probably right. And it was probably a damn good idea to grab what you did. Where I am, there are 2 Wallyworlds within about 8 miles of each other. One sells guns and ammo and the other only sells ammo. If I extend the reach to Wallyworlds, there are probably 2 or 3 more within 15 miles.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the walmarts in the ghettos out here dont sell ammo anymore...wonder why.

the .223 was a darn good price!

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I don't really need any ammo... but I checked two of the three wally world's in my area... they are full of ammo... and full of guns... no problems here to report.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I don't really need any ammo... but I checked two of the three wally world's in my area... they are full of ammo... and full of guns... no problems here to report.
Ya gotta love a good supply system.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
swung by the gun counter at the local super wally world and they had plenty of ammo. I didn't even bother to buy any.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I see, I was gonna say that all of the walmarts in my area (got 3 within a 20 min drive from my house) are fully stocked on all ammo. Obviously not the best selection, just the usual wwb, blazer, and remington umc for pistol ammo, and corelokt, power points, and federal blue box for rifle.

And prices are normal as always, no price gouging at wally world. But I guess a place that makes the kind of money doesnt worry bout making a few extra bucks on ammo.

Actually, one of the local stores is having a sell on rifles and they are still keeping them in stock.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My wife went to Wal-Mart yesterday and checked on .223 for me which they didn't have any of. I needed some, so I started looking at the internet and found some at Bud's for $6.99 for a 20 round box.

·
Registered
787 Posts
One of our Walmarts was pretty well cleaned out of ammo. I bought 3 of the last 4 boxes of WWB .45. They didn't have any Blazer Brass.

I haven't checked the other Walmart near by. I'm pretty set on ammo (I just ordered a bunch of the stuff I can't get locally--9x18--or can get a lot cheaper from AmmunitionToGo.com).

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Wedged............ I love your sig line: :lol:

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire seventeen shots or only sixteen?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a XDm 40 caliber, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? " :lol:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wedged............ I love your sig line: :lol:

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire seventeen shots or only sixteen?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a XDm 40 caliber, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? " :lol:
I think it should be changed a little to read:

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire seven shots or eight?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a XDm 40 caliber, it really doesn't matter since it holds 17. So today is not your lucky day! Well, what do ya think, punk? "

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
This is exactly why I began reloading my own....got tired of the constant price change. I can reload a box of 9mm for about $6 cheaper than I can buy it.....no brainer for me..

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
walmart here is still stocked like normal. normal being they have 1 or no boxes of blazer brass but still have plenty of the usual.

i was told one of the other walmarts in the area has no ammo in the case since someone tried to break into it, not so sure about that story though...

·
Registered
378 Posts
This is exactly why I began reloading my own....got tired of the constant price change. I can reload a box of 9mm for about $6 cheaper than I can buy it.....no brainer for me..

I agree, every once in a while I'll buy commercial ammo just so I have some new brass to mix in. I figure whats the point in buying new un-loaded brass, just buy commercial ammo, shoot it and use the brass.

and I think I'm good on my 10k in 22lr, 1500 of which is subsonics...dunhams had a sale lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts