Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a colt hbar post ban with a fixed stock, and was wanting to install a collapsible stock, is there any issues on installing this stock on a post ban receiver?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I have a colt hbar post ban with a fixed stock, and was wanting to install a collapsible stock, is there any issues on installing this stock on a post ban receiver?
At least not in GA.

While you're at it, go ahead and thread the barrel 1/2-28 tpi, and install a front sight post with a bayonet lug on it. ;-)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i wasnt worried about the awb, i was talking about any problems with the manufacture modifing the receiver to where you couldnt do certain things such as attaching a collapsible stock.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
You don't have to modify the reciever to swap a buttstock.

Here's Colt's Policy
Colt's Manufacturing Company, Inc.

LIMITATIONS
This agreement will not apply to your Colt firearm when it is altered, abused, willfully damaged or damaged by overpressure ammunition. Moreover, this agreement will not apply to those parts of your Colt firearm which have been “tuned” or “gunsmithed” for performance other than customized tuning and other services provided by Colt Custom Gun Shop.
This agreement is not transferable; its benefits apply only to the original retail purchaser for firearms manufactured after 1996.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I am not aware of any law in Georgia that would prohibit you from adding a collapsible stock, threading the barrel, adding a bayonet lug, or making any similar modification now that the federal AWB has sunset.

As for the Colt lower...there is no reason that you can't install a collapsible stock. The receivers are the same on pre- and post-ban rifles...the only differences were the non-collapsing stock, non-threaded barrel, absence of a bayonet lug, etc. Colt did not do anything that would prevent a person from later legally installing a collapsible stock, etc., after the expiration of the ban.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I am not aware of any law in Georgia that would prohibit you from adding a collapsible stock, threading the barrel, adding a bayonet lug, or making any similar modification now that the federal AWB has sunset.

As for the Colt lower...there is no reason that you can't install a collapsible stock. The receivers are the same on pre- and post-ban rifles...the only differences were the non-collapsing stock, non-threaded barrel, absence of a bayonet lug, etc. Colt did not do anything that would prevent a person from later legally installing a collapsible stock, etc., after the expiration of the ban.
This information is 100% correct.

I am only going to add that, that I've seen questions like that over the years because Colt has done it's fair share of changes to their specs to make it hard for people to use registered lightning links, registered Dias, etc. in Colt branded firearms. The changes are mostly with the shelf and the carrier notch.

Though that's unrelated to his question about the buttstock, that's the reason that I get asked stuff like that a lot in my store is because Colt has bent over backwards changing things in the way they make some of their stuff to make them more "politically correct" and they've not done themselves any favors in doing so from certain viewpoints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts