Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a preview on TV for the upcoming movie "Unleashed" and it flashed a scene of a guy holding what appeared to be an XD tactical. I may be wrong though.

Anyone else seen this preview? Keep your eyes peeled

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know if anyone else saw this but earlier this year (January/ Feb) time frame on that tv show 24, the main character was carrying an XD. I could be wrong about the month, but the sighting is accurate.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
polloi said:
Saw a preview on TV for the upcoming movie "Unleashed" and it flashed a scene of a guy holding what appeared to be an XD tactical. I may be wrong though.

Anyone else seen this preview? Keep your eyes peeled
Negative on the XD :cry: View the trailer in Quicktime and you can scroll and pause the trailer. There is a mean looking bald man shooting a bed near the end of the clip, looks like some kind of ported Glock.

http://www.unleashedmovie.com/

Good try, but seems we all want our XD to be a star in the movies. So far only confirmed XD is in a video game. Oh well, some day :(

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
13M20 said:
I don't know if anyone else saw this but earlier this year (January/ Feb) time frame on that tv show 24, the main character was carrying an XD. I could be wrong about the month, but the sighting is accurate.
If this is the pistol, looks like maybe a H&K bi-tone or a Spanish Star pistol?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, after being addicted to 24 for 4 years now i can say with all certainty that the gun in the pic and the one Jack carries regularly in the show is a SIG in 9mm i think a 226.

-Tuesday

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's a Glock 18C in the trailer.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
The most famous XD I know of is the one I carry. I really give a crap what fake look alike gun is in a movie. Some people actually think movie people use real guns. Oh well, to each his own.....

·
Registered
388 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
Some people actually think movie people use real guns. Oh well, to each his own.....
Some movies do. There are a number of companies (Film Armourers) that specialize in renting weapons for use in the production of films. John Fox is one with whom I am familiar.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
I'm sure they do but that don't mean every weapon you see on TV is real. Most of what you see is fake weapons. We even had some kids on the old forum thinking all the shots fired were all done with real ammo. Not true. They also do real explosives but it's all done by experts not movie stars. Kids need to learn that most everything they see on TV is not real and I for one don't mind helping them figure that out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For most scenes, rubber/plastic guns are used. For closeups and shooting scenes, real guns are used. Brandon Lee was shot with a real gun.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Vyolater said:
For most scenes, rubber/plastic guns are used. For closeups and shooting scenes, real guns are used. Brandon Lee was shot with a real gun.
Some time ago there was an actor that was on break. He took a blank firing gun and put it to his temple thinking he was being funny. The concussion from the blank round to his temple killed him.

·
Registered
35 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
Vyolater said:
Some time ago there was an actor that was on break. He took a blank firing gun and put it to his temple thinking he was being funny. The concussion from the blank round to his temple killed him.
I kinda remember hearing something about that. I remember somebody on TV talking about it and it was the first time I ever heard anybody talk about how the gas discharge can kill for a few feet from the muzzle, and cause injury for a few more feet past that.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Vyolater said:
one-eyed-fatman said:
Vyolater said:
I kinda remember hearing something about that. I remember somebody on TV talking about it and it was the first time I ever heard anybody talk about how the gas discharge can kill for a few feet from the muzzle, and cause injury for a few more feet past that.
It was from the series "Cover Up". Just another case of evolution in action. He was pretending to shot himself because it was "a blank" and there was nothing to worry about. Aimed the gun at his won head and BOOM!. The actor was 26 and did it because he was bored by delays on the set as a joke. The weapon used was a .44 Magnum revolver and the wadding in the blank produced life ending brain damage that a heroic 5 hour surgical procedure could not correct. I think he got a Darwin Award for that one. Stupidity in this case was thankfully fatal, as it should be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
13M20 said:
You have quote the illusory imagination. In Season 4, Jack is clearly carrying an HK Compact.

For Season 3, Jack carried a two-tone Sig 229.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts